Honored Contributor

California Ranch Mild Buttery Flavor

Olive oil for baking if you are looking for an alternative oil.

Wal-Mart finally has this online where you can order it.

It's probably available in some stores but of course they don't stock it here.

I wanted to try it but did not want to pay shipping from California Ranch plus the price was higher there. It was about $8 at Wal-Mart for a 16.9 oz bottle.

I ordered a bottle from Wal-mart the other day so I will be trying it in some baking to see how it does.

It's too hot/humid right now. Feels like a swamp outside right now.

California Olive Ranch Mild and Buttery Olive Oil - 16.9oz - image 1 of 3

Honored Contributor

Re: California Ranch Mild Buttery Flavor

I like that olive oil,everytime i go to walmart ,it has been replaced with their brand name.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

There is no shipping charge when sent to the store for you to pick up.

What kind of baking?     Bread?   Cakes

@Nightowlz wrote:

I wanted to try it but did not want to pay shipping from California Ranch plus the price was higher there. It was about $8 at Wal-Mart for a 16.9 oz bottle.

I ordered a bottle from Wal-mart the other day so I will be trying it in some baking to see how it does.

Honored Contributor

850687100056-1_1_1.jpg

probably the same thing, same bottle just would say buttery flavor

Trusted Contributor

I orderedthis on Amazon....what I ordered was the California Ranch Olive....what I received was the Destination Olive Oil pictured here....this one is made from olives sourced from different countries. The one they pictured was what I thought I was getting. I called Amazon and they refunded my money...I guess this company advertises one thing and substitutes another. Many people were upset. It is good oil, but I prefer to get what I ordered.😊

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

There is no shipping charge when sent to the store for you to pick up.

What kind of baking?     Bread?   Cakes

@Nightowlz wrote:

@software 

I'm going to try it in bread, muffins, cakes or any other baking I do.

Honored Contributor

@grandma petes wrote:

I ordered this on Amazon....what I ordered was the California Ranch Olive....what I received was the Destination Olive Oil pictured here....this one is made from olives sourced from different countries. The one they pictured was what I thought I was getting. I called Amazon and they refunded my money...I guess this company advertises one thing and substitutes another. Many people were upset. It is good oil, but I prefer to get what I ordered.😊

@grandma petes 

I do use their regular olive oil but ordered this one to try in baking since it's specifically for baking. I did notice on the bottle the olives come from a few different places. Ingredients state olive oil. I will have to do a taste test when I open it to see how it tastes compared to their California olive oil.

Honored Contributor

I just looked at the price, wow, it better be some good stuff.

At my Walmart the buttery is $10, the other is $7.

I compared the per ounce price to other brands and it's almost twice the cost.

I don't use olive oil so I wouldn't know the difference but obviously there is a lot of difference.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@grandma petes wrote:

I orderedthis on Amazon....what I ordered was the California Ranch Olive....what I received was the Destination Olive Oil pictured here....this one is made from olives sourced from different countries. The one they pictured was what I thought I was getting. I called Amazon and they refunded my money...I guess this company advertises one thing and substitutes another. Many people were upset. It is good oil, but I prefer to get what I ordered.😊

@grandma petes 

I emailed them to say that I did not like their changes. They no longer sell the Everyday original olive oil made with only olives from California in the glass bottles. Now the Destination Series is what's available made with olives from California, Argentina, Chile & Portugal. I will be looking for another brand that's 100% olive oil. I have read these places that make olive oil using olives from a lot of places just does not make sense so you most likely end of with olive oil with who knows what else in it.

I'm going to order the Thrive Market Olive Oil from HSN for now to try but don't want to pay membership to Thrive Market down the road when it's no longer available at HSN?

The buttery flavor olive oil I posted about above does have olives in it from Ca, Argentina, Chilie & Portugal. I thought it would be made with olives from Ca. only.

Here is a reply email I received from California Olive Ranch changes.

Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your thoughts. 

The initial launch of our Destination Series was inspired by a drastic reduction in crop in California olives in 2018 due to extreme weather conditions. This weather not only affected our olives, but a great deal of all agricultural crops in California. Given olives are an alternate-year bearing crop, meaning one year is a bumper crop followed by a lower yield the next year, Destination Series was developed as a long-term solution to the variable nature of agriculture.

As the largest producer of extra virgin olive oil in California and a leader in transparency and quality in olive oil, we know how important it is that we continue to provide high-quality extra virgin olive oil at a reasonable price point. 

Over the years we’ve fostered relationships with exceptional olive oil producers in other countries so that we can collectively advance the olive oil industry toward quality. By incorporating extra virgin olive oil from hand-selected olive oil producers in Argentina, Chile and Portugal, we can continue to advance the olive oil industry towards a focus on quality extra virgin olive oil and shed light on the fantastic extra virgin olive oil made around the world.

For 20 years, we’ve helped establish an industry for high-quality olive oil from California; now we aim to do the same with high-quality olive oil from around the world. 

Our Chef Size 1.4L bottle is the only size that we make in a (BPA free) plastic bottle. Our consumers requested a larger size bottle to accommodate their growing interest in using olive oil as part of their healthy diet.  So, in response to that need we increased our bottle size to 1 liter and then 1.4L. The 1.4L in glass proved to be too heavy for most consumers to use, and the weight of shipping it outweighed the cost of the product itself, so we went to a lighter material for handling purposes.

All our other offerings are in glass bottles!

All concerns and suggestions by our consumers are very important is us, and we will be sharing this with our Quality Experts, so your concerns will not go unheard.

We continue to offer 100% California extra virgin olive oil in our Reserve Collection on our online store, as well as at select grocers nationwide. We’re expanding the retail distribution of this line as quickly as possible, so feel free to ask your local grocer to start carrying it!