Trusted Contributor

The last bottle I bought recently has a new cap design.  Just a twist off cap like so many other products instead of the attractive cap you lift up with a pour spout.  This new bottle design drips after pouring.  Anyone else not pleased with the new cap?

Valued Contributor

I never noticed the cap till I got home.  I actually like it and have had no problems pouring into my coffee.  

Honored Contributor

It's a bottle cap.  What will people find to complain about next.

Esteemed Contributor

I like  it! When I put the creamer in my refrigerator door the top doesn't pop up! ❤️

Honored Contributor

I save a bunch of bottle tops that I consider to be "excellent".    Most bottles have a standard size opening.    You can then go into your "supply" and find something that is acceptable for your needs.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I haven't purchased any with the new cap yet. I just opened a new one and it's the same as I've been getting, the lid pops up and you pour. I'll have to remember to save that just in case.

Trusted Contributor

@rms1954 - In my case, the new bottle opening leaks when I pour.  I measure my creamer into a spoon so it's always the amount I want.  There are little plastic "bumps" around the lid and I suspect there is a pinhole in one of these bumps that is causing it to leak down the bottle.  I never had this issue with the old cap.  I called Coffeemate yesterday to report the problem.  Apparently there was some problem getting the old cap and to keep the product on the shelf they switched to the new cap.  It is only temporary and as soon as they can they will return to the old cap.  Just as an FYI, I am not in the habit of complaining just to complain, but if I have a problem I will call the company.  The woman @ Coffeemate said they want to hear customer comments and encourages them to call.  She also hates the new cap!

Esteemed Contributor

I've switched to International Delight and Dunkin' Donuts coffee creamers. The price of Coffee Mates has gone up to almost $4/bottle here, and hubby goes through too much of it for that price. The other two have seen a price increase as well, but not as bad. Both of the other two still use the old pourable caps.

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

It's a bottle cap.  What will people find to complain about next.

Posters who are overly critical?

Respected Contributor

@WORKING GALIf the cap comes completely off and you think there is One pin hole that is leaking,  could you not turn the bottle around and pour from the other side thereby having that pinhole above the liquid being poured?  I don't use creamer so I don't know what the bottle looks like.  It's Just a thought.