Highlighted
Honored Contributor
On 1/7/2015 ChynnaBlue said:

Kidney beans

No cheese

Not a lot of spice, because I get heartburn

Lots of crackers crumbled up in it OR with sourdough bread (I'm a San Franciscan girl!)

No raw onions

I prefer ground beef if I make it myself, but don't mind cubed

Not too much chili powder (see above)

I HATE big chunks of stewed tomatoes, but I do like a little more than tomato sauce and paste. If I include canned stewed tomatoes in my own, I cut them up into small pieces before I put them in the pot.

Put the tomatoes in the blender! Works great!

Also, I sometimes use dried minced onion if "real" onions are watery the way they get in the winter sometimes. I think it makes them harsh and bitter.

Super Contributor

I'm making chili today!!! I used ground beef,oinion,celery,pinto beans & kidney beans,tomatoes sauce,diced tomatoes,med spicey-chili powder,cumin..I like adding cheese on the top of mine,my kids love crackers and my husband likes to add elbow macaroni to his.

Valued Contributor

Chili

ground beef, sauteed onions, cumin, chili powder (Indian chili powder from Pensey's), tomato sauce, diced tomatoes(sometimes Spicy Rotel), dark red kidney beans (always)!

In our neck of the woods, Chili always has some kind of beans in it!

Trusted Contributor

I made some in my slow cooker this morning we will have for supper tonight. I diced a large onion, about 8 cloves of garlic, and sautéed it with a pound each ground beef and ground pork. I usually use all ground beef but didn't have 2 pounds of that. I added diced tomatoes and a can of pinto beans, then chili powder, cumin, paprika, turmeric, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, red chili flakes, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and a touch of stevia powder for just a hint of sweetness to counter all of the spicy.

I'll eat mine with a little grated cheese on top, but my husband just likes his plain.

Super Contributor

Beans, beans, beans and more beans. I like my chili thick and spicy and topped with oyster shaped crackers. {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

~~66 and owned by cats and dogs.~~
Respected Contributor

I prefer Cincinnati Chili with the works.

Respected Contributor

Ground beef, onions, can of diced tomatoes with jalapenos, williams chili seasoning, 8oz can of tomato sauce and a can of chili beans. Top with shredded cheddar and saltines crumbled up.

Honored Contributor
On 1/6/2015 sunshine45 said:

try caramelizing the onions before putting them into the chili......it is so delicious!

Oh, yes.

Regular Contributor
Hello all, I'm looking for a delicious "Drive-in" chili recipe if anyone has one to share. You know, like the chili that was served at the old drive-in movies. TIA!!
Respected Contributor

You all made me want to eat chili. I guess now I must make it this weekend