Esteemed Contributor

Just received a HUGE edible arrangement!  Since it's only me and Eddy, would like to keep the fruit fresh.  I've never frozen honeydews and cantaloupes:  can they be frozen?

My foodsaver is broken that's why I'm considering freezing some of the fruit.

Honored Contributor

You can freeze it, but you won't be able to defrost it, it will be mush. Frozen fruit including melons are wonderful in smoothies though

Honored Contributor

Sure they can. Depends on how you want to use it. I put frozen melon into my morning smoothies. Not sure how they woud stand up being thawed out to use in a fruit salad tho----melon is almost all water . 

Honored Contributor

When frozen melon thaws, it's mushy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

i do it all the time. peel it, slice it, freeze it. i happen to like frozen fruit. before i intend to eat it, i either stick it in the fridge prior, or leave a portion out on the counter until they’re soft enough. i enjoy biting into cold, almost frozen fruit. it’s refreshing and fun. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanx everyone!

I won't be freezing the melons.  Though I like fruit in y smoothies, it was a gift to my and my furbaby, Eddy.  Can't give him mush. so we'll be doing a healthy diet filled with yummy fruit!

Again, you all saved me - thank you!

Respected Contributor

You can make sorbet with it or freeze them to do smoothies.  They won't be like fresh again.  You can also do a cold soup of the fruit by pureeing it and straining.  Melon sorbet would be excellent.