Respected Contributor

Bundt pan recommendations

[ Edited ]

Would like recommendations for a bundt pan. DH has been baking and wants to make a bundt cake. I use to have one but haven't used it in years and now can't find it...lol! I'm so not a baker!😂 What size is best? 10, 12 cup? He'll be using a boxed cake with additions. Anything else I should look for?(e.g., handles, non stick, etc.)I'd like to order one today. Probably from Amazon. TIA! 🥮

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

Re: Bundt pan recommendations

@Starpolisher wrote:

Would like recommendations for a bundt pan. DH has been baking and wants to make a bundt cake. I use to have one but haven't used it in years and now can't find it...lol! I'm so not a baker!😂 What size is best? 10, 12 cup? He'll be using a boxed cake with additions. Anything else I should look for?(e.g., handles, non stick, etc.)I'd like to order one today. Probably from Amazon. TIA! 🥮

what size is rec'd on the boxed mix, 

I think most are non-stick and I always use Bakers Joy 

Esteemed Contributor

Amazon has some nice bundt pans - Baker's Secret is a good one. I don't think they come in too many sizes, like regular cake pans. They're easy to frost too! Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Effie54 @jackthebear 

Thank you so much for the quick responses! The recipe says 10 to 12 cup. Just wanted to make sure I get the standard size so as not to need another one. You recommended Bakers Secret and Bakers Joy. I'll look at them. Thanks again!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

I've used the same Nordicware Bundt pan for the past 30-40 years and still going strong.  I do have to grease and flour it but I think they all need that.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Nordic ware are great pans.  You can also check out King Arthur Flour.  They carry nice ones as well.  

Esteemed Contributor

I like Nordic Ware for my special bakeware.

Esteemed Contributor

Nordicware is what I've always used.  I also take a can of Pillsbury chocolate frosting, open the can, nuke it for 30 seconds and pour it's over cake once it's baked.

Honored Contributor

If USA makes one that would be the only one to buy. All their stuff is top notch !!   Bed & Bath carries

Valued Contributor

@Starpolisher i'd recommend 12 cup Nordicware. i've had mine at least 25 years.