Esteemed Contributor

I've heard of it but have never had it.  Besides I'm not a (hot or cold) tea drinker anyway.  I don't think I could get past the texture of the tapioca to enjoy it ieven if I did drink tea.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

Hmmmm....describes as something awful....does it really TASTE good?

Do you eat the pearls when the tea is finished?

I'm a tea / or coffee lover - neither one with sugar or sweetener.

Perhaps this is not for me.

Though it does look intriguiging.

The drinks are often very sweet. The pearls themselves are mostly flavorles, especially compared to the sweet drinks. Though they call it BubbleTea, you can get it in all kinds of flavors, like Lychee or Watermelon.

i like to eat most of the pearls, either as I'm drinking or afterward. I'd compare it to someone who likes to crunch ice.

I think it's worth trying at least once. If you hate it, just don't do it again. Smiley Happy

For the record, I normally drink my tea black and my coffee with lots of cream and sugar.

Respected Contributor

The Bubble Tea shop in the square does a thriving business. especiallly when it is hot.  I think you can get hot drinks there but I always get cold.  I like Milk tea With bubbles and HALF Sweet which is PLENTY sweet.  Can't drink them often but they're a great sweet treat.

Esteemed Contributor

All of the Vietnamese restaurants around here have bubble tea.  I’ve tried it once and didn’t like it at all - too sweet and didn’t like the bubble stuff in it.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Thank you ladies, it more interesting on here, to hear your ideas than to look it up and not learn all this other details.  I appreciate it, thank you one and all.