Honored Contributor

Yum!!! Made hamburger buns yesterday. Going to make burgers on the grill tonight. Making some bbq pulled pork tomorrow. Made a loaf of homemade bread so I can make toast with my homemade peanut butter. Now I have zucchini bread in the oven. Can't wait to take a bite. What have you been in the kitchen baking?

Esteemed Contributor

Wow!!  The only thing I baked today was a slice of frozen pizza in my toaster oven.......you make me exhausted just reading about what you baked!!!

Honored Contributor

I've been lazy about baking lately. I even bought hamburger buns this week, lol even though I usually make them also. I need to make a batch of dinner rolls for the freezer. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

I've been lazy about baking lately. I even bought hamburger buns this week, lol even though I usually make them also. I need to make a batch of dinner rolls for the freezer. 

@jaxs mom My sister says I have way too much time on my hands if I have time to make hamburger buns. Shes does not have time because she has 3 grandchildren living with her she takes care of. 

Trusted Contributor

Made homemade pizza a few days ago.  That's it for awhile.Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@jaxs mom My sister says I have way too much time on my hands if I have time to make hamburger buns. Shes does not have time because she has 3 grandchildren living with her she takes care of. 

LOL well small children are a lot of work. But baking yeast breads isn't hugely time consuming as you know. Most of the time spent is rising and we don't have to babysit that. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

Fresh buns and bread sounds so good.  I made breads growing up and continued as a wife and mother.  Everyone would grab the homemade jam and take the bread as soon as it was cool enough to cut.  I was a stay at home mom so I had my garden and lots of berries in the hedgerows around us.  I have not done all of this since my husband passed.  Today I went a mile down the road to a small family stand.  I love that I can buy 1 of anything fresh from the garden behind the stand.  I go several times a week.  I am spoiled.  Next trip I need to buy zucchini and make some bread and lasagna.    It is hard to get motivated to cook for just me.  Last week I made banana bread and took it to my son's.  My DDL told me to feel free to make and share anytime.  Thanks for the memories.  I will have to get back to baking and sharing at least once per week.

Respected Contributor

Baking?  Nothing, it's too hot to bake.  Even with central air, the kitchen gets hot with the oven on.  I just make quick things on the stovetop. 

Honored Contributor

In this weather I have no interest in baking, however I made spaghetti sauce to freeze. I love having sauce ready to go when I'm in the mood.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I don't mind making and baking desserts, not a fan of baking breads or rolls.  We have an excellent bakery with such good breads of different varieties, as well as a great bakery at the grocery store I go to.  I'm thankful and happy about that.