Honored Contributor

PJ9pTRFGtXpL.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SharkE : Looks delicious.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Honored Contributor

Oh my, that's just bread perfection.  I can imagine how delicious your house smells.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

fat loaf is gonna be delievered to somebody I know from church. His wife doesn't cook.

I wait and baste with butter after baked.

Turned out pretty well. 

Super Contributor

SharkE

Happy Thanksgiving day !

Bread looks  so good  like in a Bakery window.

You need to open a Bakery from home,

and sell them to us  and ship fed ex.lol

Respected Contributor

Looks delightful. I don't know what recipe you like to use but for you or anyone who likes to bake bread from scratch I highly recommend The Breadbaker's Apprentice by Peter Reinhardt. It does not disappoint.

Honored Contributor

I pick 'em from Taste of Home, here and there.

As long as it takes butter, eggs and milk that's a winner

Next time I use my bread machine I'm using dry milk.

King Arthur said the reason why the top of my bread

sags in middle is "it's to wet". Bread machine baking is

tricky. I do better the long way.

Honored Contributor

@SaveTheTurtles wrote:

Looks delightful. I don't know what recipe you like to use but for you or anyone who likes to bake bread from scratch I highly recommend The Breadbaker's Apprentice by Peter Reinhardt. It does not disappoint.

Bernard Clayton's "Complete Book of Breads" is quite good also. The "Pain Ordinaire Careme" from that book is maybe my favorite basic white bread. It's a weird recipe in that you start with a batter you beat to death for ten minutes first, but it makes a very good bread. It's comparable to the La Brea Bakery round Italian loaves you can buy in supermarkets. Only you make it yourself and it's maybe a little bit better.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@SharkE Been baking in bread machines since 1992 and I'm still not convinced dry milk makes a difference.

Honored Contributor

don't know, really don't . I hate it when mine sinks down in the middle. I think all bread machines whether cheapy or the Zo's are finicky.

I'll try the dry milk next time as King Arthur suggested and see if it makes a difference. I seem to do better 

when I do it on my own. LOL