Frequent Contributor

I like the bread from my bread machine better than store bought, but it goes stale after just a day.  How do you wrap it to keep it fresh other than freezing it?  Does a bread box help?

Honored Contributor

It must be frozen or eaten up in one day.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

I toast my leftovers.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Frequent Contributor

i bought plastic bread bags from Amazon and use twist ties.  My machine bread is good for about 3 to 4 days.  About the same as when I buy bread from Panera. 

Frequent Contributor

I also bought bread bags from Amazon AND I store that in a large lock and lock. We get 5 to 6 days of freshness 

I have been making our bread since 2003

We also have an old qvc 50 in 50 tour bread slicer that is great and also try not to handle the bread alot. Nothing worse than a dirty hand all over the loaf today and tomorrow you have loaf covered with mold.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bread Machine

[ Edited ]

We started making the 1 lb loaf recipes for bread.

I keep it in Debbie Meyer Green Box so it lasts longer.

Sure it's better right after it's made but we are still eating ours 5 days later.

DH has toast every morning with jam or peanut butter & honey.

DH also rolls out the dough to make in pan he wants instead of making in the bread machine. He hates the shape size it makes. He generally uses the the 9" Pain de Mie pan (pullman pan) with lid so it looks just like a regular sandwich sliced bread.

We don't care for bread that has been in the freezer. We do freeze hamburger buns that we make.

I use the Bread Machine Magic Revised Edition cookbook by Linda Rehberg & Lois Conway. It has 1 lb, 1 1/2 lb & 2 lb loaf recipes that use 2, 3 or 4 cups flour.

All the recipes we have made from it have been good.

Have been making the Buttermilk recipe lately. It's really good.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.  I'll try them all because we like the bread so much better than grocery store brands.

Honored Contributor

Was going to mention those green boxes for bread--thats what I use and I get about 4 or 5 days of freshness---if it lasts that long. Put my bagels in ithem too,

Honored Contributor

Store bought bread like Wonder has all those preservatives in them why they keep better.

Alas, you have to consider home made bread just as a treat and around for 2 days. Don't like to freeze it, takes on a smell.

can microwave it for 10 seconds that will revive it for quick eating. slice at a time.

Super Contributor
Purchased a bread machine last week. Made my first 🍞 today. Yummy

Thanks for the suggestion on storage

I have Debbie Myer green bags. Do you think they would work to keep bread fresher longer

Thanks in advance😊