Esteemed Contributor
Saw that wheat prices will go way up; I ordered 48 lb of bread flour today ( DH loves to make bread and we'll keep it in plastic bin) from Sams; delivery is free.
Respected Contributor

My goodness, that's a lot of wheat. But, these days, it's good to stay ahead of the game. 

Honored Contributor

@patbz   hope he likes the process and makes some to share or are you are feeding big family

Honored Contributor

yeah, I'm stocking up on that King what U call it. I can't get White Lily where I live.

Respected Contributor
Went out yesterday and loaded up as well. I'm expecting the price to go up as well
Honored Contributor

just got home from walmart. King Arthur is long gone. Even Gold Medal

was just about gone. Too many people have figured it out and will be the next big hoarding thing.

I got the last 2 bags of King Arthur at another store and paid 5.29 a bag for it !!!! Gees Louise !  I lowered myself to Gold medal for the bag of all purpose King Arthur they didn't have anyway in the all purpose.

Here we go again folks is if Covid wasn't bad enough. Never Ends.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

yeah, I'm stocking up on that King what U call it. I can't get White Lily where I live.

I just placed a Target run for KAF as well as some Krusteaz and brownie mixes. 

Prices haven't gone up YET but I think any boxed baking mixes will either soar or dissapprear and they'll be good on the shelf for months.

Respected Contributor

I bought 2 bags of flour in December when they were on sale cheap.  I noticed yesterday that they are still in the trunk of my car.  LOL  I suppose if they had any bugs they are frozen now.  My doctor would like to beat me with a stick if she knew I ate bread.  But it's my favorite and I'm having a hard time staying away from the white stuff.

Honored Contributor

No can do that. Bread is the staff of life. I never thought it was bad for you anyway. Not like a person is gonna sit down and eat one or two loaves everyday.

Only thing they want you to eat is what rabbits eat and horses in the field.  I'm no animal or rabbit. LOL

Contributor

How does everyone store the extra flour? Last tine I had an extra bag I emptied it into Lock and Lock and put it in the freezer. It was fine.  Any other way to keep it?