Honored Contributor

Re: Blueberry Pie Comparison

Speaking of blueberries---I bought a couple of pints--and thought I'd have to really sugar them up as they were so small in size but I was so wrong!! My gosh---were they so flavorful!! I love a berry pie--not so much one that is all blueberries but I do make a bumble berry pie with blue, raspberries and blackberries and even strawberries too. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG Thanks for posting this!  We make fruit pies like that and often substitute or replace some of the white sugar with brown, and usually cut back on the sugar. We always use vanilla too, and a tablespoon or less of Chambord Liqueur in a blueberry pie takes it up a notch too.  

ECBG's recipe made me think my husband (he's the pie maker here) got a recipe from Victoria Magazine many years ago for blueberry pie and made it, and I don't know where the recipe is now, but basically this is the add-ins listed above.  

Never saw that anywhere else but everyone loved it. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

I should have put the recipe is from the 1970 Betty Crocker cookbook. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Sooner 

@ECBG I HAVE the Betty Crocker cookbook from that year. Woman Very Happy Or maybe a year later.  It's the one with the round design on the red cover with pie-shaped photos.  We've made a million recipes, especially the stir-and-roll pizza from college years when we were too poor to buy pizza.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Sooner 

@ECBG I HAVE the Betty Crocker cookbook from that year. Woman Very Happy Or maybe a year later.  It's the one with the round design on the red cover with pie-shaped photos.  We've made a million recipes, especially the stir-and-roll pizza from college years when we were too poor to buy pizza.  

@Sooner 

We like the Herb Rub for pork so much, we put it in a shaker!!!

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG 

I love fresh blueberry pie. My favorite crust is the one you mentioned, I always bought two, one each for top and bottom.

I haven't been able to find it for about 4 years. Which store did you find it?

(Pet Ritz Deep Dish Crust)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AlsaceGal wrote:

@ECBG 

I love fresh blueberry pie. My favorite crust is the one you mentioned, I always bought two, one each for top and bottom.

I haven't been able to find it for about 4 years. Which store did you find it?

(Pet Ritz Deep Dish Crust)

@AlsaceGal 

So very sorry.  We have a hometown store that's really big and has crossed the southern border into SC.  I shop there.  Publix is our other choice and I rarely go in there!