Honored Contributor

I really enjoy Meridith's videos on Facebook. Her recipes look delicious and she explains her technique very well . Also when she is on tv, there is no nonsense, just calm, pleasant presentations.🍝

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 Agree! She's so professional and personable.

Respected Contributor

Re: Blue Jean Chef

[ Edited ]

I soooo wish she could do some of the kitchen shows herself - and alone!!   I suspect they don't allow others like Meredith to do their own shows because "someone" can't handle (or risk) the competition.  

Esteemed Contributor

Meredith did have her own weekly show, The Blue Jean Chef, for a brief period a couple of years ago.   I don't think she found the format to her liking. 

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Super Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

I soooo wish she could do some of the kitchen shows herself - and alone!!   I suspect they don't allow others like Meredith to do their own shows because "someone" can't handle (or risk) the competition.  

"...because "someone" can't handle or risk the competition." Really? You think this has something to do with egos or that David (I assume that's who you're referring to) has that much power? QVC is a SHOPPING network - it's all about profit$, period. As long as folks are buying products when David  is on the air selling them, he'll be on QVC. David doesn't own QVC, he's simply a hired hand - albeit an apparently quite successful one, but a hired hand nonetheless. He's a very experienced on-air personality who is good as what he does - selling. Meredith is terrific but is a professionally trained chef, not a pitchwoman. She adds credibility to cookware shows and products she and David present. Frankly I doubt that Meredith really is interested in doing a kitchen product show herself. Her strength is in cooking knowledge and teaching not pitching products. I can see Meredith having her own show - on the Food Network, not a sales network. And I do remember her briefly having her own show on QVC. It likely ended, not because "someone" couldn't handle or risk any competition, but because products weren't flying out the door fast enough or in great enough quantities.

Honored Contributor

I bought her pressure cooker cook book - the recipes are fantastic...I haven'y had a "flop" yet!

Respected Contributor
@foodie7 That was a jump to take with no names mentioned.

QVC is a shopping channel not a cooking channel, so Meredith's talents are better used in demos and on her Facebook page. She could start a youtube channel with great success.
Esteemed Contributor

We enjoyed viewing her segments during the holiday break.  Learned some new thing.  She should have a show on Foodnetwork for sure.

Super Contributor

Recipe for the blue jean chef for smoothie with pineapple, kale, ginger root, coconut water. It also had a pear

Honored Contributor

Re: Blue Jean Chef

[ Edited ]

QVC did experiment with giving Meredeth her own hour and the show was lovely but in terms of selling I am sure QVC knew it was a one and done as she is not suited to high power selling.  Thank goodness for YouTube as this is a perfect vehicle for her talent.  I thoroughly enjoyed her videos over the Christmas break and was very pleased that QVC didn't shove item numbers or selling techniques into her videos.

eta:  Sorry @Marp I didn't see your previous post . . . Smiley Happy