Honored Contributor

Blue Jean Chef's Chocolate Chip Cookies

[ Edited ]

Meredith e-mailed this recipe recently.  Has any one made them?

Valued Contributor

Re: Blue Jean Chef's Chocolate Chip Cookies

What it is the recipe?  Care to share?

Honored Contributor

@In-x-s  Sorry I don't know how to do that. It is on Meredith's website:  BlueJeanChef.com.  You can search it under desserts.  It's the one that she suggests using chocolate chunks instead of chocolate chips.  I think it is also on UTUBE.  If I try them tomorrow, I'll post my opinion.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Chocolate Chip Cookies

• PREP TIME: 20 m
  • COOK TIME: 14 m
  • CHILL TIME: 15 m
  • TOTAL TIME: 49 m
  • SERVINGS: 36
    Makes 3 dozen Cookies

INGREDIENTS

• OUNCES unsalted butter 2 sticks, room temperature
  • ¾ CUP granulated sugar
  • eggs
  • TEASPOONS vanilla extract
  • ¾ CUP packed brown sugar
  • CUPS all-purpose flour
  • ¾ TEASPOON baking soda
  • TEASPOON salt
  • OUNCES dark chocolate chunks
  • coarse sea salt optional
    INSTRUCTIONS

1. If you want cakier cookies, cream the butter in a stand mixer, or with an electric hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add the granulated and brown sugars and beat well. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating each one into the batter. Mix in the vanilla extract.
  2. If you prefer a denser cookie, melt the butter in a skillet and cool completely to room temperature. Beat the eggs and granulated sugar in a stand mixer or with an electric hand mixer until the eggs reach the ribbon stage (the eggs will fall from the beaters in one smooth line, like a ribbon). Mix in the vanilla extract, brown sugar and the cooled melted butter.
  3. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing only to combine slightly. Add the chocolate chunks and continue to mix just until there are no streaks of flour visible. Try not to over-mix at this stage.
  4. Chill the cookie dough for 15 minutes or so in the refrigerator while you pre-heat the oven to 350ºF.
  5. Place spoonfuls of the cookie dough onto a non-stick cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 12 to 14 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown around the edges and soft in the center.
  6. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the coarse sea salt if desired. Cool and devour!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@In-x-s & @Daysdee :  see above.  8)

Valued Contributor

@feline groovythank you!

I am intrigued by the melted butter note for a denser cookie.  I may have to try that.

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy  So nice of you to post the recipe.  Thank you and Merry Christmas.

Honored Contributor

Thanks and Happy Holidays, @Daysdee .