Valued Contributor

I grew up drinking Red Rose black tea. I enjoyed it. I used to enjoy the Tevana teas until they closed all of the stores. Now I drink Harney and Sons Earl Grey. 

Honored Contributor

Another for 1) PG Tips and 2) Twining's Irish Breakfast.

As a rule, the British brands do have more tea flavor, and PG Tips to me, has the most potent, true black tea flavor.  AND, it is sold fairly widely, not just in specialty stores.  You can find it at the Walmart Superstores!

The other Twinings teas aren't flavorful enough to my taste, including "English Breakfast", but "Irish Breakfast" is stronger, and a champ!

Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I love tea and I drink a lot of it , both hot and cold. I just like black tea, not green, not herbal and certainly not decaf. I’m currently drinking Red Rose, if you like black tea what brand is your favorite ?

@QVCkitty1

I use loose leaf teas from my local Asian market.   Formosa Oolong tea is my tea of choice..   Or if in a pinch, Twinings.  Straight.  No milk/cream, or sugar.

Hung

Super Contributor

I prefer Yumchaa. Either order from London shops or stock up when I am over in person.

Esteemed Contributor

Another vote for Twinnings Irish Breakfast Tea. Guess I’m not alone in liking it. I’m a black tea drinker - definitely no herbal teas- and I like it full bodied.  Agree that the British teas taste so much better. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Tetley British Blend is my #1 followed by Trader Joe Irish Breakfast.

I don't care for any of the rectangular shaped bags with the little tag and string.  To me they taste dusty - for lack of a better word.

Occasional Contributor

I bought the Peach and Breakfast Charleston Tea Plantation teas last summer at a museum shop in Charleston during a trip last summer.  Enjoyed them very much.  Flavored teas are not my favorite, but the peach was good and had a natural flavor.  My favorite supermarket black tea is Twinings English Breakfast.  I recently discovered their Bold English Breakfast, which is a very nice pick me up when feeling particularly sluggish.

Respected Contributor

I have to be careful of my caffiene intake . I usually have my two cups of coffee in the a.m. and regretfully use decaf products after that.  But when I do opt for tea a favorite is Bigelows Constant Comment black tea with orange pekoe.

Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

I have to be careful of my caffiene intake . I usually have my two cups of coffee in the a.m. and regretfully use decaf products after that.  But when I do opt for tea a favorite is Bigelows Constant Comment black tea with orange pekoe.

@okaywitheasypay. Harney tea makes a very good line of decaf teas--especially their Decaf Assam which is a hearty black tea without a lot of bitterness.  It is especially good with milk and if you like sweet a touch of sugar.

Harney teas are very good in general, they have a great variety and they come in cute tins!  Darjeeling is good for a lighter "afternoon" tea and you don't need milk and sugar.  Also Oolongs are great teas, somewhere between green and black (at least many of them).

If you are interested in teas The Elmwood Inn, Upton Tea, English Tea Store and Cultured Cup are great resources and retailers.

I also love Yorkshire Teas--especially Yorkshire Gold.  I like loose tea better than bags and sachets are better than bags too.  Get a teapot with a filter that lifts out and loose teas are easy to make.

Honored Contributor

Harney's tea for me.