Respected Contributor

Re: Big Box Store Shoppers - Question For You

I put the contents into a lock n lock and include the cooking instructions cut from the bag or box in the container so I have them at hand when needed. Cereals and grains stay so much fresher when put in a lock n lock.  I don't wait to get to the 1/2 way point if it will fit in a container I put it in there right after purchase.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Suzeecat 

I also do what many of the other posters do; put the instructions & expiration date in or on the container.

Another thing I may do is cut out the "brand". Some items I try different "brands" occasionally & if I end up liking this one - I want to remember which "brand" it is.

Esteemed Contributor

Just did this for someone. I got the large clear containers with a large round cover. Makes it easier to open. With simple things like oatmeal, pancake mix and cream of wheat, she already knows how to cook those so all I did was cut out the label, tape it to the top of the cover along with the expiration date.
Honored Contributor

I cut out the instructions and put them inside the new container ---

Honored Contributor

I cut out the information and tape it to the outside of the storage container. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a question too...

I have these rolled up sections of soft paper,  approx 5-6" in width (guessing here....don't know how to use a "ruler" thingee!!!), on a cardboard tube that seems to be manufactured to fit on some kind of device that will alllow the paper to be pulled off in sections....there's even a perforation where the paper will tear into "sheets"

Can someone here tell me WHAT is that rolled up paper used for, and how does one use it?

I'm confused.

Should I store these small soft rolls in Lock-n-Lock to keep them soft?

The L+L lady never mentions this as a use for her containers...

Thanks!!!!

( sheesh..../S...)

Seriously ....One can NOT figure out how to enclose the cut out cooking instructions/exp date for Quinoa (or any other product) in the unmarked container one pours it into?!?!?!?

Is this a joke?

Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen 

Something that seems obvious to one person might not be obvious to another.

Nothing wrong with a question - that's what the Forums are here for - an exchange of ideas & thoughts.

I have learned many neat little tips & tricks here. I am always thankful for the information others share!

Super Contributor

I do what others have said and tape information on the outside of

container.   If it's something I don't use a lot I'll put the date on it.  

Respected Contributor

I mark some lock and locks.  Put flavored coffee in there and then never remember the flavor!  Sometimes I do cut the instructions if I need the cook time or oven temp.  Same for loose flavored tea bags, but those usually go in a zip lock.  Some brands i

Honored Contributor

@lynnie61 wrote:

I mark some lock and locks.  Put flavored coffee in there and then never remember the flavor!  Sometimes I do cut the instructions if I need the cook time or oven temp.  Same for loose flavored tea bags, but those usually go in a zip lock.  Some brands i

@lynnie61 I prefer glass storage and have found if convenient to use mason jars for all,of my flavored coffee. I use a p-touch label maker for the name and it sticks on the jar like a piece of tape, yet the writing is neat and uniform from jar to jar.  My teabags come in decorative tins so I leave them alone.