Trusted Contributor

I have a set of harvest gold Tupperware 3 canister set.  I store flour, sugar and coffee in them.

@x Hedgewrote:

I still use a trio of stacking Tupperware containers.

One for flour, one for sugar, and the third for Bisquick.

They must be from '65-'75, because they're the bright orange from that era. The lids are still flexible and the "one finger" Seal & Burp still works like new.

Honored Contributor

I use plastic containers that have locking air tight lids for flour, sugar, brown sugar, powdered sugar, etc.  I get the at Dollar General or Walmart.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Vacuum sealed OXO container.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I also have one of those storage containers from King Arthur. I keep it in the refrigerator.

PDP main image

Honored Contributor

All my plastic containers were getting worn out and gross switched them for glass 

the Tupperware lids kept breaking and I’m not paying for more 

recycling my glass jars for bean and rice storage 

Honored Contributor

I keep mine in the freezer.

Honored Contributor

I still have good old fashioned canisters on my counter. 

Mine are huge (the flour one will hold like 7 lbs.) and are from Rowe Pottery works. I don't have any problems with things going stale or sugar getting hard. No problems with bugs either. 

Longer term storage is in Lock and Lock or glass jars and vacuum sealed.

Respected Contributor

I keep mine in the bags they come in then put that bag in a ziplock type plastic bag.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedgewrote:

I still use a trio of stacking Tupperware containers.

One for flour, one for sugar, and the third for Bisquick.

They must be from '65-'75, because they're the bright orange from that era. The lids are still flexible and the "one finger" Seal & Burp still works like new.

Gotta love that old Tupperware...I still use that green colander I bought in 1974!

My flour is stored in a Lock and Lock bin with an opening that lets you scoop from the side near the top.   

Respected Contributor

Re: Best storage for flour?

[ Edited ]

oh wow. i remember my mom had a set of them. i think her set had some yellow in it to plus the orange. im 47 now and i was little them. i remember my aunt being over and putting it in oven with left over food and she didnt realize she put it in oven and she turned on oven and staered to smell something. by then container was melted . i have a big round container from wamart that holds 5 pounds of flour.