Respected Contributor

Beebee2 Here is the Refrigerator Pickle recipe and Sweet Banana Pepper Ring recipe

Refrigerator Pickles

Cucumbers, washed and sliced into 2 clean and scalded quart jars. I added some sliced onion, and 1/2 t mustard seed and 1/2 t celery seed in each jar. I heated 4 c white vinegar and 2 c sugar just to dissolve the sugar. I let it cool and divided it between the 2 jars. I added some water to fill the jar. I put a new lid in some hot water then placed it on the jar and the put on the ring and tightened it. I let it cool on the counter, then put both jars in the refrigerator. Let set for 24 hours before opening.

Next time I'll use equal amounts of vinegar and sugar. I think I want them a little sweeter. I also found some stuff called Pickle Crisp, that I'm going to use next time.

We've just about eaten all them except for a few pickles. They are so good on hot dogs or hamburgers. I need to get some more cucumbers to make some more.

Sweet Banana Pepper Rings makes 1 quart

1/2 pound of sliced seeded Sweet Banana Pepper Rings

2 c white vinegar

1 c sugar

1/2 t celery seed

1/2 t mustard seed

Put the pepper rings, celery seed and mustard seed in a quart jar In a pot boil the vinegar and sugar, let cool. Pour over the rings, add water if needed, seal the jar and put in the refrigerator.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}