Honored Contributor

This is the best coffeemaker I have ever owned.  A lady in the forum purchased one for herself and when she described it, I knew I had to look into it.  It takes away the bitterness and tastes like a professional cup of coffee, that is, one from Starbuck.  I purchased the 5 cup for under $100; the larger cup is more money.  It's a no frills coffeemaker == no timers, no clock, just a delicious cup of coffeeCat Very HappyHeart

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

I have the 5 cup coffeemaker also.  I like the stainless steel carafe as I always seem to break a glass one.  I bought it off Amazon.

Honored Contributor

@henderson,  Ebay has two separate entries for 5 cup at $58 and $59 which is an awesome deal.  You have to be careful to not purchase from "made in China" because it is not authentic.  I purchased mine from Wayfair in December.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I have been looking at this pot for so long!  It gets such good reviews and it is hard to find a smaller pot that has an insulated pot.  It's perfect for morning coffee for me.

My question to you both is, what kind of basket does yours have - the cone shaped or round shaped?  I know there are 2 models and am undecided which one I would want.  Reviews are good on both.  The round shaped one is the "newer" model.  I do think it can make a difference if you have a cone brewing system or a round one.

I even looked at the 8 cup model.  They have one that's glass with a glass handle and is sooo cool looking!  But I do like the thermos keeping the coffee warm throughout the morning.  I have this thing with old, burned tasting coffee.

Thanks for mentioning this - not that I really need another pot, it's just kind of an obsession with me.  I actually collect old/antique coffee pots and have this one in my collectiom:

image.png

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLionessThe cone shape.  EBay has the best price right now for the 5 cup.  $58 and one for $59.  Mine was $79, I believe so both those prices are great.  I have the insulated coffee pot.  I use no. 4 cone filters.  You do not use vinegar to clean but rather cleaning crystals (sample is given).  You will not be disappointed otherwise you can complain to me.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1, ok, YOU are going to be responsible for my satisfaction, and my addiction to trying different coffee pots, lol!!!  It's as bad as my make up one!

I checked out the one on Ebay for $59, but it is $17 shipping, so it brings the price to the one I had been looking at on Amazon.  That's still a good price though, so it is getting more tempting.

Nothing like a good cup of joe!