Respected Contributor

I have found the best way for my household is to cut in half , eat the other half with a spoon , and put the remaining half with the pit in a 1 cup zen L&L . I have had them stay the freshest in L&L. 

Now if I could just see thru them when purchasing Smiley Happy. I am ashamed of the language I use when I pay .79 to .99 for one , open it and it is yuk , but had put on a good face! 

Respected Contributor

I find Saran Wrap pressed directly on the entire surface keeps it well preserved from browning for at least a couple days. Also, if you get a little surface browning just lightly scrape it off with a sharp paring knife. 

Honored Contributor

i always squeeze fresh lemon or lime on top of the half, make sure to leave the pit in, and wrap the top with plastic wrap. i then place it in a lock n lock container. it stays nice for a couple of days if it  has to last that long.

keep guacamole fresh with lots of lime or lemon, some "fruit fresh" powder, leave the pit in the guacamole, and store in a lock n lock container.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I find Saran Wrap pressed directly on the entire surface keeps it well preserved from browning for at least a couple days. Also, if you get a little surface browning just lightly scrape it off with a sharp paring knife. 

@Grouchomarx We do the same with guacamole after spraying with olive oil.