Honored Contributor

Re: August 2018 What's Cooking ??

@Warrior2022 wrote:

Hi everyone!  I hope it's ok if I join in the fun.

I don't really cook much due to my work schedule, however when I do, I'm a very happy girl.  About 3 weeks ago I treated myself to a instant pot.  Husband said, you will never use it.  I have used it twice a week since I got it.  This thing is amazing!  This week will be green peppers and not sure what else.

I tend to cook enough for leftovers for at least one night.

@Warrior2022  Welcome!

Honored Contributor

We are eating the last dab of leftover spaghetti and Mrs Schuberts rolls for our supper. Just enough for 3, but teacher daughter may opt for pulled pork, which was a special request of trucker daughter who hit the road again today.
Honored Contributor

I had this crumb cake at a get together.  It is the same as the Entenmann's crumb cake which we love.  I called the hostess for the recipe this morning I made it...yummmmmmmm

It makes a lot so my friends got a"treat" the rest went in the freezer!

D653F625-ABA6-4FFB-B912-B09404F93836.jpeg

Recipe:

72F70E1B-4449-467F-90EF-3945733DC463.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Weather is gorgeous, just like Fall, warm and hazy, and not hot.

Last night, I made DH a naan pizza, my sauce, mozzarella, sausage, caramelized onions, and pepperoni, what he asked for.  Mine had sauce, garlic, and anchovies, no cheese.

Tonight may be steak tacos with steak from Sunday's dinner.  I barely cooked and ate the one leftover corn on the cob from Sunday for lunch today.

I can never find boysenberries, but at the produce market last week I found a boysenberry pie, going back for an apricot pie. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Welcome to all and especially our newest one to visit - come back all the time as we love it.

Well the heat wave is again extending itself. Just wish the weather experts could get it right. Geesh. Another hot day for tomorrow - now the temps are not as high as they were - OK, so a degree or two - but the mugginess stays and it ruins it all. And to top it off we have another one of those California fires near us. Air is so thick and the smell of the fire is horrible.

Have made some progress on getting Ricky in school AND Davey re enrolled - plain in simple no longer prevails. And these awesome educators and their staff do not understand what it means to return a call.

Hope all had a great day. I sure had another busy day - we had home made chili for dinner - very good. Nope, I did not make it, have never made Chili but it was super good. Shannon made it and not spicy so the little ones can eat it.

Sleep well everyone.

Respected Contributor

The joke of the year, Rain yesterday was forecast. Nope. Forecast again fr today. Anyone want to make a bet. It would be heavenly if indeed it would really rain. Will say I slept pretty well last night - but the day was horrible. With all the fires around us the air was stifling and sure made it difficult to do anything. Should have filled the feeders but not sure I would have gotten much done. Now I have already fed Ditty so he is happy - for now. I had so many errands to do yesterday - did not get them all done - just gave out of steam. I should get out there now and get going on the food for the birds  - also clean the bird bath. Sigh.

We ate at a barbecue place - Dave's - in Redlands - for dinner. Had to get socks, shoes and some pants for Davey. He starts his first day back to school today - should have started Wednesday but like everything out here these days, they never told me I had to get a new referral for him to attend the same school he went to last year. What a pain in the you know what.

Dinner tonight? Have no clue but have time to think about it. Still have a lot of chili in the Fridge and quite a bit of the pork roast with veggies - either should work.

Have a good day everyone - stay cool.

Honored Contributor

I cooked ribs in the air fryer last night, and they came out well, only thirty five minutes or so.  I tried a new rub, and its a good thing I ate my dinner first, DH was going to be late, becauae the ribs were spicy hot.  I knew he wouldn't like them this way, so I removed as much of the rub from his, and waited until he came home to cook them, takes about half an hour for him tobe ready for dinner.

Since the weather has been so Fall like lately, I am getting my garden Fall work done early, pruning and repotting crowded plants.  I cut some hydrangeas the other day and am drying them inside in vases, then will spray them with hair spray, never done this before, as it is supposed to keep the petals from falling off.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hubby and I were out the door early this morning for a grocery run before the store got busy.  There were 8 cars in the parking lot when we got there, so it was a great time to shop.  My list was long, so it took about an hour to get everything.  There were no baggers at that time, so the clerk thru my bananas in with canned goods, which I didn’t realize until we got home.   Thankfully I just bought 5 small ones, and we should be able to eat them in a few days.   

Supper was quick and easy; pulled 2 stuffed peppers out of the freezer to reheat, fixed mashed potatoes, canned corn and sliced cucumbers.   

We are back to the dermatologist on Monday for further treatment on biopsied areas that came back as pre cancers.   Husbands is on his nose, and I have 4 on my hands.   I get every new spot on my hands checked, ASAP, as everything that’s popped up has turned out to be something, and I’m either getting biopsied or having things frozen.   I don’t look forward to 4 blisters on my hands next week.   You can bet anything I cook will be as simple as possible!   

Respected Contributor

Last night we had that huge pizza I got at Aldi's a few days back. It was very good - had the thin crust which I normally am not a fan of yet it was super good. Lots of cheese, and a ranch dressing sauce, bits of bacon. Very very good. 

Cooled off last night - thank you!! Turned all the ACs off about 6 or so in the evening which is my norm - but certainly not the past month or so. they have had to run almost all day and night. Do hope it is going to start cooling down a bit. Now the reality is we have just entered the hottest time of the year - normally - so I guess I will just have to find out day by day if it is going to be miserable still or what.

Hope all have eaten well - bet you have!! Have a great day

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

good morning everyone. its been muggy and cloudy since friday and very rainy. garden is loving the rain and missing the sun like the rest of us . yestauday maria made a tomato salad with cheese burger burritos. really good. we had a repair man out to fix dishwasher friday and when parts come in he will be back to fix it. he ordered a new pump and inner part that feeds upper 2 spary arms with water. service contract will cover the repair .its probably around 300 bucks.hope everyone has a great week.