Contributor

Re: Are you no longer affiliated with Keurig?

IMHO Keurig is a must have for single person who only drinks one cup of coffee in the morning and perhaps one in the afternoon/evening.  To brew is wasteful.  I find even with the cost of kcups I save money by not brewing due to waste, buying filters, etc.  I've used the same Keurig for about 5 years now, and I love it.  I'm wondering if it might be going out because the sound it makes pumping the water into the reservoir to be heated has gotten so much louder of late.  If it croaks, I will buy another, if not from Q then from somewhere else.   Love it!

Honored Contributor

I have the original TSV - still loud and working. No bells and whistles. There are only 3 sizes available which is fine. No water button or filter. I think the more complicated the machine - easier for something not to work.

I don't use the cups (expensive) but fill my solofill with my own grounds. I'm the only one that drinks coffee and only on the weekends so I love mine.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also have one of the old ones without any of the extras.  Only choice is three cup sizes.  I purchased it at Costco.  When it goes I am going to look at another brand since I have read such bad reviews about the newer ones.  

My Favorite Breed is Adopted

Honored Contributor

Wouldn't that be a blessing... Now, if they could just replace the other nine tired brands they offer in that endless loop and bring in some fresh merchandise...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor

Amazon also has some good deals on Keurig machines.

Honored Contributor

@mibo wrote:

IMHO Keurig is a must have for single person who only drinks one cup of coffee in the morning and perhaps one in the afternoon/evening.  To brew is wasteful.  I find even with the cost of kcups I save money by not brewing due to waste, buying filters, etc.  I've used the same Keurig for about 5 years now, and I love it.  I'm wondering if it might be going out because the sound it makes pumping the water into the reservoir to be heated has gotten so much louder of late.  If it croaks, I will buy another, if not from Q then from somewhere else.   Love it!

You can easily make a single cup of coffee in a French press without the high prices and trash associated with pod systems and you get better quality coffee. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Keurig Kold, their cold soda machine line, was officially discontinued last month, and the company laid off about 130 jobs.   I wonder if their main coffee line is also in peril. 

The company was sold to a private equity firm back in March so it looks like there are some changes to it's business model in the works. I'm sorry people got laid off, but I'm not a fan of the company in general. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

I still have my old Keurig that I purchased from BB&B about 9 years ago.  It is so loud but other than that, still works.  I now only use it as a back up when I have company, etc.

Last year I purchased the smaller TSV 2.0.  The 2.0 is a pain in the rump - only certain k-cups (have the cheat piece tho), descaling, water filter, ugh. I just want a cup of coffee!  When this goes, I'll go back to an older model, maybe the mini.