Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are you a member of The Clean Your Plate Club??

no...not for me.....or for my grandchildren....when your full...stop eating...

Respected Contributor

I couldn't be if I wanted to - I'm usually surrounded by kitties giving me "the look" and even some who will snatch food off my plate if I'm distracted for even a moment! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} (I can't figure why I'm not a size 2 - the critters eat half my food!)

I used to work with a Filipino woman who used to always scold me for not finishing my lunch when I ate at my desk, but I eat only until I'm full. One day she used the line, "You know, there are plenty of children in the Philippines who would be very happy to have that food you're going to throw away!" Tired of her comments I retorted, "So...put it in a manila envelope and send it to them!"

(Not everyone will get it...) Wink

Respected Contributor

I couldn't be if I wanted to - I'm usually surrounded by kitties giving me "the look" and even some who will snatch food off my plate if I'm distracted for even a moment! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} (I can't figure why I'm not a size 2 - the critters eat half my food!)

I used to work with a Filipino woman who used to always scold me for not finishing my lunch when I ate at my desk, but I eat only until I'm full. One day she used the line, "You know, there are plenty of children in the Philippines who would be very happy to have that food you're going to throw away!" Tired of her comments I retorted, "So...put it in a manila envelope and send it to them!"

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/19/2014 circles said:

no...not for me.....or for my grandchildren....when your full...stop eating...

But when my tummy is full my taste buds are saying, "But it's so good, just another bite!" Often I listen to them.

Trusted Contributor

I was never a member of that club.

I was never forced to eat anything.

When I was full, I was full and food was never forced down my throat.

My parents were thin and I'm thin.

You either eat to live, or you live to eat.

Honored Contributor

On 6/19/2014 FunkyHulaGirl said:

I get it…and it reminds me that when I was little, Biafra was the place most in the news for starving children. There were commercials all the time asking for money and showing those desperate children with distended tummies from starvation. My brother and I were very upset by this, so one night, after my mom told us to finish our dinner, after all, the children in Biafra were starving.. he got the idea that we should mail them our leftover dinner. It wasn't pretty, but our intentions were good.

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

Manila envelope - good one!