Respected Contributor

Re: Are Temptations dishes really dangerous?

I've got a few pieces that I use when feeding a crowd and they come in handy. I use the 9x13 regularly. Never had a single problem. I have never needed a "full" set but do enjoy the few pieces that I do have.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I have had nothing but good luck with mine as well, and I have purchased some for gifts too, and have heard nothing but how nice they are and how good they wash up........ 

Respected Contributor

My large square Temptations baker shattered and broke in my hands, as I removed the hot casserole from the hot oven, and I always follow directions for all cookware/bakerware and serverware, to the letter.

That was the end of the line for all my Temptations Collections because I trashed everything, and I had very large various pattern collections which I used to proudly display in custom glass cases.

Now my favorite Royal Albert Old Country Roses, and Moonlight Roses blue porcelain china patterns with numerous serving pieces are proudly displayed in those custom cases.

I can highly recommend the Cornflower Blue Corningware pattern, as I have many sets which include mine, and my beloved deceased Mom's sets and serving pieces that have never had any problems whatsoever.

My Corningware Collections have been extensively used for many decades and still perform with no crazing, no other flaws, no problems, and each piece still appears brand new, along with their respective glass covers.

I can also recommend Fiestaware.

I believe the older Corningware Cornflower Blue items are still sold on Ebay and Amazon, and that was when all Corningware was manufactured in the good old USA.

Trusted Contributor

@adoreqvc wrote:

My large square Temptations baker shattered and broke in my hands, as I removed the hot casserole from the hot oven, and I always follow directions for all cookware/bakerware and serverware, to the letter.

That was the end of the line for all my Temptations Collections because I trashed everything, and I had very large various pattern collections which I used to proudly display in custom glass cases.

Now my favorite Royal Albert Old Country Roses, and Moonlight Roses blue porcelain china patterns with numerous serving pieces are proudly displayed in those custom cases.

I can highly recommend the Cornflower Blue Corningware pattern, as I have many sets which include mine, and my beloved deceased Mom's sets and serving pieces that have never had any problems whatsoever.

My Corningware Collections have been extensively used for many decades and still perform with no crazing, no other flaws, no problems, and each piece still appears brand new, along with their respective glass covers.

I believe the older Corningware Cornflower Blue items are still sold on Ebay and Amazon, and that was when all Corningware was manufactured in the good old USA.

It's funny you should write about the Corningware Cornflower Blue items.  I was at an antique store yesterday and saw a whole case full of these.  I probably hadn't seen these in years and it brought back memories of when my mother first got them.

Super Contributor

soonersis wrote:

adoreqvc wrote:

It's funny you should write about the Corningware Cornflower Blue items.  I was at an antique store yesterday and saw a whole case full of these.  I probably hadn't seen these in years and it brought back memories of when my mother first got them.

Some of my Corningware pieces are the cornflower blue pattern, which I also love.  A lot of my pieces have the veggies and mushrooms on them, which I'm not as fond of, but I don't hate.  I have a few other patterns as well.  I'm much more concerned with the performance of the pieces, regardless of the designs.  I can't say enough great things about my old Corningware!  My mom used to have a bunch when we were growing up, but I'm not sure where they went (maybe packed away). I'm happy to have a couple of her old metal loaf pans, at least.  :-)  People, BUY vintage Corningware whenever you see it, if it's reasonably priced.  You'll thank me later.  ;-)