Trusted Contributor

Interesting vegan egg white/cream replacement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2rprdn0DFw

Respected Contributor

This is amazing-I can't wait to try this out! I have made cashew cream before, but this is clearly a dual purpose food!

Out of curiosity, have you tried to make non-dairy ice cream? I am experimenting with tofu pudding today and I'm sure it will be just fine: the ingredients are simple enough: Marinu firm tofu, vanilla, Stevie and a little coconut milk. Freezing it is a different story however: without cream and sugar, it freezes rock solid.  I could add two tablespoons of vodka, but I would rather not do that. Any ideas?

Thanks for posting this amazing recipe-I would love to try making meringue cookies with Aquarian-did you see that video yet?

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

... that was aquafaba-my Kindle changed the spelling.

Trusted Contributor

No to the ND ice cream, but this aquafaba has lots of potential. I'm glad you got something out of the post, poodlepet!

Valued Contributor

@Lacey1

@Poodlepet2

LOL!  I thought this post was going to be about some kind of new kitchenware.  

Chickpea water???   I have been pouring it down the drain!  I wonder who was the first person who boiled it down and made it into a "whipped cream"? That is one creative cook.😀

Thank you for your posts.  I hope to hear more of your experiences cooking with Aquafava and I am going to try it.  I can't wait to see how we like it!  

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela