Honored Contributor

@LonestarBabs wrote:

@ID2  Was that necessary? You could have just said "not for me" or something to that effect and let it drop. Talk about harshing a mellow...SMH

@LonestarBabs.  She always does that.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I love the prints on these covers.  I have my Keurig and toaster out all the time.  And I have a tray out with sugar, etc., ready to roll.  Obviously, I am not a spartan type of person.  Out on a counter opposite my sink and stove.  

Respected Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

I love the prints on these covers.  I have my Keurig and toaster out all the time.  And I have a tray out with sugar, etc., ready to roll.  Obviously, I am not a spartan type of person.  Out on a counter opposite my sink and stove.  

I know that many folks just must have empty countertops - I just can't be that OCD. LOL!

I want things at hand when I need them. To the left of the stovetop I have a knife block with knives I reach for almost daily so that I don't have to open a drawer ten times a day, and a small lazy susan with PAM, salt and pepper and a couple of other seasonings. To the right are my paper towel holder and a sturdy napkin holder with several Epicurean cutting boards - I must reach for both of these items 20 times a day. 

Coffee pot and toaster of course must be instantly available - no covers for those.

Between the wall oven and pantry wall I have 6 feet of counter space to keep the large appliances that are used fairly frequently, but not daily, and which are too heavy to drag out of a cupboard every time I need them - two KA mixers, Foodi and toaster/convection oven. These are the items I like to cover so they don't get too dusty.

I also have a very large island as workspace and about 10 more feet of counterspace that usually has some kind of decor or a wine vignette on it. DH also uses that space for preparing cocktails!

I guess for some it might be cluttered but to me it is orgainized and useful. To each his own.

Respected Contributor

@froggy   The covers are adorable.

I love that you do your own thing. What a boring world it would be if we were all alike.

I only have my Kitchen Aid stand mixer on my counters and my decorative items but I always enjoy  my friends homes with varying elements on the counters; It always gives me food for thought.

Respected Contributor

I just wanted to follow up and review the appliance covers I ordered from Etsy. This was a custom order and they all fit beautifully. I am very happy with how they turned out.

Appliance Covers.jpg

Honored Contributor

@froggy : Wow- Love them and excited for you. Enjoy. Southern Bee