Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday DD and I stopped and got some Honey crisp apples and 2 half gallons of cider.

I had some this morning, holy cow, it was good.

Are you an apple cider fan?

Honored Contributor

I like it but not enough to pay $3.99 for a half gallon.  Instead, I'll just get the apples.

Honored Contributor

It's just too sweet for me.  I prefer just an apple.

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr   This was $3.75 for a half gallon from a place that has a road side stand. I don't know what it is in grocery stores.

This place has other fruits and vegetables, flowers (their mums were really nice), jams and jellies etc.

It is a small family operation so I don't mind paying the money for a great product.

Honored Contributor

yes, i usually buy it this time of the year.

love it much more than "pumpkin spice" anything.

we have some local farms where we buy it fresh.

they also have apple cider donuts, apple cider slushies, and lots of different apple pies. they are all hard to resist! and YES, they even have apple picking and pumpkin picking! Smiley Very Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Oh YES!

We are apple cider fans.

We always buy Zeigler's Apple Cider. And we are lucky, it is available year round. It is one of our beverages of choice.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2    I also like fresh-pressed apple cider, more commercial offerings not nearly as much.

Honored Contributor

Re: Apple Cider

[ Edited ]

I do not like it.  When I see someone sipping on hot apple cider with a cinnamon stick I always wish I liked it.

I do like hot chocolate with marshmallows. 

Honored Contributor

I love real apple cider.  Unfortunately, it is not a specialty in New Mexico.  You're lucky if you can get a decent aplle.  We had a wonderful orchard but several years ago a torrential rainstorm rushed over a burns scar in the mountains and down through the orchard, destroying it.  The owners took their patented "Champagne" apple and moved to Michigsn.

We used to get cider from a famous orchard near Philly when I was a kid.  Dad would store it in the unheated garage and after several weeks, it would get a "bite" to it.  It was so good.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

We love it, but only buy it from a local orchard. I got two gallons Monday morning- took one in for everyone and brought the other one home. 

Oh my goodness- it was amazing! 

I never worry about its going bad. Although I won't drink it, DH likes it "hard."  Smiley Happy