Respected Contributor

I am tempted to try the saltopia offer on In the Kitchen with David. Anyone using them and are they good? I use the pink salt but have never tried salts's infused with something sweet.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone trying the Saltopia?

@GAQShopr53   What was offered today was sugar infused with different flavors not salt.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I grind my own sea salt and grind my own pepper. I have ordered and tried the Saltopia salt with infused flavors.....not worth the money, it is nothing but salt with a few flavors that are barely noticeable and blending flavors is something you can do yourself.... Ended up giving them away!  What sells them are the cute little jars! As far as infused sugar, the same holds true, blend it yourself.  I blend my own sugar and vietnamese cinnamon for french toast!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I buy spices, salts and sugars from the Spice and Tea Exchange. But when I saw the sugars on QVC, I decided to try them, what with the 5 easy pays. I have some flavoured sugars, and like them in my coffee and tea. I like that this set comes with spoons and containers, while the SandTE puts their spices in plastic bags, so I have to buy extra containers. Saltopia sugars looked like a good deal.

Super Contributor

I’m in, think they look delicious and would make lovely hostess gifts. Will be interested to see the reviews on this one - will be sure to post my own once I try.

Respected Contributor

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

@GAQShopr53   What was offered today was sugar infused with different flavors not salt.  

ahhh...that makes sense...must have been the name!

Respected Contributor

@nycgirl79 wrote:

I’m in, think they look delicious and would make lovely hostess gifts. Will be interested to see the reviews on this one - will be sure to post my own once I try.

Thanks and so will I @nycgirl79 ...I usually like to read reviews on some products before buying...but decided to take a chance and ordered!

Respected Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

I grind my own sea salt and grind my own pepper. I have ordered and tried the Saltopia salt with infused flavors.....not worth the money, it is nothing but salt with a few flavors that are barely noticeable and blending flavors is something you can do yourself.... Ended up giving them away!  What sells them are the cute little jars! As far as infused sugar, the same holds true, blend it yourself.  I blend my own sugar and vietnamese cinnamon for french toast!

Thanks @ScarletDove for your input...I have used Vietnamese cinnamon but it was years ago!

Respected Contributor

@LisaMofSLC wrote:

I buy spices, salts and sugars from the Spice and Tea Exchange. But when I saw the sugars on QVC, I decided to try them, what with the 5 easy pays. I have some flavoured sugars, and like them in my coffee and tea. I like that this set comes with spoons and containers, while the SandTE puts their spices in plastic bags, so I have to buy extra containers. Saltopia sugars looked like a good deal.

Thanks @LisaMofSLC  I decided to give it a try...and hopefully, this will be something I like...I researched and the Q has the better deal as you receive more jars/flavors. This deal is even better than the website...they did offer free shipping on orders over $50.

Honored Contributor

I buy from the local place in my town called Salt Works. I can get it at the grocery store in the bulk aisle. Have many smoked salts as well as truffle salt and merlot salt. Use them alot as a finishing salt---so good.