Super Contributor

Hi Sharke,

Could this be the recipe you are looking for?

KRAFT CRÈME DIVINITY

1 1/2 Cups Sugar

1/3 Cup Water

1/4 teaspoon Cream of Tartar

Dash of Salt

1 Jar Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Crème

1 teaspoon Vanilla

1 Cup chopped Planters Pecans

Place sugar, water, cream of tartar and salt in a heavy 1 quart saucepan (DO NOT STIR).

Bring to a boil on high heat without stirring, until candy thermometer registers 248°F.

Beat marshmallow crème and vanilla in a small bowl with electric mixer on low speed until well blended.  Gradually add hot sugar syrup, beating at medium speed until well blended. Beat on high speed for 5 minutes or until mixture just begins to lose its gloss and holds its shape when dropped from a spoon. Stir in pecans.

Drop teaspoonfuls of the marshmallow crème mixture onto sheets of wax paper. Cool completely.  Store in airtight container at room temperature.

My grandma used to make divinity and rocky road for the holidays every year.  If this is not the recipe you are looking for, I would be happy to hunt up grandmas recipe, I don't think it had marshmallow fluff, but it was really good. She always made some without nuts which was my favorite.   Don't forget whatever recipe you make, check the humidity, it will make a difference.

tkins 

Honored Contributor

yep, believe that's the way it should be. I figure it will stay fresher what with the creme in it like the fudge does. I can make the other, but, seems like it drys out fast. I'm in Tx. so don't think I'll have the humidity problem, but, I'll check it out. want to make for Sat.

thank you for your trouble. Bet your grandma's recipe would be delicious. People could just cook better back in those days. 

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Made it this morning very good it worked !

Trusted Contributor

okaywitheasypay wrote:

Years ago I burnt out a hand mixer making divinity. I haven't tried since I purchased a Kitchen Aid.

Know what you mean -- used to feel like we had "burnt out an arm" making my mom's divinity.  I've often wondered if it would work in a stand mixer. We had always poured it into a pan and cut it in squares like fudge until I saw someone do it by the "drop" method which made the candy much lighter.  Never noticed a problem with it drying out -- disappearing was our problem!

Thanks for this thread -- I had never heard of divinity made with marshmallow creme until I saw this.

Honored Contributor

Woman Surprised