Honored Contributor

Trying one fall recipe each day until December 15

[ Edited ]

my gf and I have been baking a different image.jpegdessert  each week since September til December10.  We really enjoy girls day in the kitchen.

Today Apple cider sweet apples/nuts  German cake made in bundt pan. Sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.😋

Very moist and tasty

And although lots of ingredients quick to mix up

baked in large bundt pan.

Honored Contributor

Re: Trying one fall recipe each day until December 15

You should have kept a photo diary and tempted us with a picture and recipe each week.  Today's cake looks mighty good.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Homedecor1

wish I could bake once a week.  Nobody to eat it except for me.  Great that u can do that.  Your cake looks delicious!

Honored Contributor

The cake looks delicious. I'm envious that you have a baking buddy.  That sounds like fun!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

my gf and I have been baking a different image.jpegdessert  each week since September til December10.  We really enjoy girls day in the kitchen.

Today Apple cider sweet apples/nuts  German cake made in bundt pan. Sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.😋

Very moist and tasty

And although lots of ingredients quick to mix up

baked in large bundt pan.

What a wonderful idea and how nice that you have a friend to bake with!  Along the way, have there been any desserts in particular that you really liked?

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe

Honestly, we both love to bake BUT I really don't have anyone to eat it or give it to. My friend has been enjoying giving desserts (and extra leftovers) to a couple older people in her neighborhood.

As for my favorite

Cookie:   "Loaded Beach Cookies" we started out with a original choc chip cookie recipe and added coconut, white choc chips, pecans. Once cooled drizzled white chocolate crisis cross on tops.

My favorite cupcake: French vanilla cake with lemon curd filling, topped with cream cheese frosting and additional dollop of lemon curd and coconut.

My fav cake: Chocolate with ganache whipped buttercream frosting. Very rich so a small slice is good.

We've made several versions of cheesecakes. Tried our first chocolate swirled raspberry cooked in ramekins. Pretty good!

She picks a recipe either from her vast collection of cookbooks or someone has posted on FB. I'm a cookie lover any kind! Next  week I think we will do some dough for Italian ricotta wedding cookies which we love for Christmas.

Its just been something fun to do together since she has recently moved here and has a beautiful cooks kitchen (and every gadget, appliance, etc.) what you love to bake in!

Shes also a excellent cook those neighbors are doing the 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻 dance!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 wrote:

@momtochloe

Honestly, we both love to bake BUT I really don't have anyone to eat it or give it to. My friend has been enjoying giving desserts (and extra leftovers) to a couple older people in her neighborhood.

As for my favorite

Cookie:   "Loaded Beach Cookies" we started out with a original choc chip cookie recipe and added coconut, white choc chips, pecans. Once cooled drizzled white chocolate crisis cross on tops.

My favorite cupcake: French vanilla cake with lemon curd filling, topped with cream cheese frosting and additional dollop of lemon curd and coconut.

My fav cake: Chocolate with ganache whipped buttercream frosting. Very rich so a small slice is good.

We've made several versions of cheesecakes. Tried our first chocolate swirled raspberry cooked in ramekins. Pretty good!

She picks a recipe either from her vast collection of cookbooks or someone has posted on FB. I'm a cookie lover any kind! Next  week I think we will do some dough for Italian ricotta wedding cookies which we love for Christmas.

Its just been something fun to do together since she has recently moved here and has a beautiful cooks kitchen (and every gadget, appliance, etc.) what you love to bake in!

Shes also a excellent cook those neighbors are doing the 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻 dance!!!

@homedecor1

Oh my goodness, thank you for this lovely reply!  This is a win-win all the way around . . . you two get to do something fun together, folks in the neighborhood are treated to something wonderful every day and you have unfettered access to what sounds like a world class kitchen and cook books!

Thank you so much again for your reply as it is going to make me smile for the rest of the evening! . . . Smiley Happy

ps, that Loaded Beach Cookie has my name written all over it . . . YUM!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe

Thanks baking for us is cheaper than therapy LOL but then again our local food store is enjoying it too (not our pocketbooks!). I just noticed I put "each day" we actually get together (or via Skype) ONCE a week.

I just got off the phone with her and we were both just laughing we have all these recipes but only bake Christmas cookies at Christmas time they are delicious all year long!!!

Guess that will be our new year thing to make 1 Christmas cookie each month. 

Thanks again for for your kind comment and will take pics of our next venture!!!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@momtochloe

Thanks baking for us is cheaper than therapy LOL but then again our local food store is enjoying it too (not our pocketbooks!). I just noticed I put "each day" we actually get together (or via Skype) ONCE a week.

I just got off the phone with her and we were both just laughing we have all these recipes but only bake Christmas cookies at Christmas time they are delicious all year long!!!

Guess that will be our new year thing to make 1 Christmas cookie each month. 

Thanks again for for your kind comment and will take pics of our next venture!!!

Tee hee @homedecor1, thanks for the clarification as I could only imagine you and your friend driving around in a food truck graciously handing out your wonderful baked goods . . . this has been a fun thread, thank you for starting it!

Honored Contributor

picked out this weeks recipe. A pumpkin cheesecake with ginger crust. The recipe is from Ree Drummond looks terrific!image.jpeg

next week pecan German chocolate caramel bars!

image.jpeg