Respected Contributor

Anyone have a Viking Microwave?

[ Edited ]

I need to replace my old microwave and thought I might splurge on the Viking as I have a Viking stove.... be nice if they could match. If you have, what special features does it have to warrant the price tag?

Let me EDIT :  If you HAVE one, please post. The convection microwave has many features that can double as an oven. 

thanks

Sharon

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone have a Viking Microwave?

Why not?  If that is what you want get it!  It's a microwave!  How bad could it be?  Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner : I looked online and they run $800-$2000; for me it would be an easy pass!

Honored Contributor

I figure a microwave is a microwave whether its in a GE case or a pricey Viking case.  They do exactly the same thing.  That case isn't worth the price.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It's worth the price if it makes you happy and you can afford it.

We buy stuff all the time that isn't worth what we pay for it, but if it falls in a certain price range we are thrilled to have it.  Why should that be the same price range for everyone or for every item?

From a can or corn to a car, it's what makes you happy and what you can afford.  Go for it!   And let others be happy with their choices.

Respected Contributor

Of course everyone should be happy with their choice, why not?

Honored Contributor

I believe Viking mw ovens are made in the USA. That alone would make me want to buy one. I have an Amana mv which is also made in the USA...it's 40+ yo.

Respected Contributor

According to the Viking site, their Professional Series are made here. You know, I spent $32K remodeling my kitchen/dining area 3 years ago. When you make that much of an investment, you want high end appliances to go with it. So I guess, I will get this one. 

thank you Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee Is it an old Amana Radar Range?  My dad bought one in the 1960's and it was something we'd never heard of!  He saw it and HAD to have it and we were like What is that??

That think lasted until up in the 90's!  And we used it all the time!!!!  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I figure a microwave is a microwave whether its in a GE case or a pricey Viking case.  They do exactly the same thing.  That case isn't worth the price.

@Kachina624 It is worth it to some people and what's unusual about that?  You can say the same thing about a refrigerator or a stove or car or anything else can't you?

Using that logic, there would be no choices in the market.  Just one thing and one price.  What determines what is worth the price is each buyer's perception and available budget.  

And oddly it is ok to say "It isn't worth the price" but not "I wouldn't buy some cheap thing like that."  Now that's what doesn't make sense.  But isn't that like so many nonsensical rules we live by?  

I guess I was reading something about reality and perception and "truth" today and it has made me think about some things. . . so unfortunately I'm "sharing!" LOL!!