Esteemed Contributor

Today's Special Ninja Foodi 5-in-1 Grill with Kebabs, Roasting Rack

[ Edited ]

Today's Special Presale (153)

Ninja Foodi 5-in-1 Grill with Kebabs, Roasting Rack and Recipes
Honored Contributor

Re: I'm tempted Today's Special Presale Ninja Foodi 5-in-1 Grill with Kebabs, Roasting Ra

I'm temptes too. I don't have one but the reviews on HSN and Amazon are excellent and it's $10 less than Amazon so I'll think about!

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm tempted Today's Special Presale Ninja Foodi 5-in-1 Grill with Kebabs, Roasting Ra

[ Edited ]

I have this and use it often for indoor grilling - pork chops, steak, and chicken breasts.  They always come out great.  I haven’t used all the features yet but that’s soon to change. 

ETA - I found them on a Black Friday sale last year (either Sams or Amazon) and I was lucky to grab three more for gifts.  The recipients use theirs often too. 

Honored Contributor

I lucked into an Amazon one-day deal and got the one with the probe for cheaper; however, it didn't come with the skewers and I'm not impressed with the probe accuracy.  You can always use a stand-alone probe with it.  The lid just sits on the cable of the one that came with it.  I have really only used the grill function, but am really interested in trying out the roast function.

Super Contributor

Re: I'm tempted Today's Special Ninja Foodi 5-in-1 Grill with Kebabs, Roasting Ra

I just bought one of these at Costco 2 days ago for the same price, no skewers though.  I haven't tried it yet but all reviews I could find were very good.  Can't wait to try it out this weekend.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm tempted Today's Special Ninja Foodi 5-in-1 Grill with Kebabs, Roasting Ra

[ Edited ]

I got this last year at Target on Black Friday and love it. It makes great steaks. I love the air fryer for fried potato, air fried tacos etc. it doesn't have the skewers but I don't need them. I think I only paid $169 last year. 

Respected Contributor

I am sooooo tempted.  I have been eying this for several months now.  The kebabs would be fun to try.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I lucked into an Amazon one-day deal and got the one with the probe for cheaper; however, it didn't come with the skewers and I'm not impressed with the probe accuracy.  You can always use a stand-alone probe with it.  The lid just sits on the cable of the one that came with it.  I have really only used the grill function, but am really interested in trying out the roast function.

I have the one with the probe also and find it works perfectly. I have used it with steaks and a pork roast. What I had to learn though is that the unit cooks more rapidly than a regular oven (I think because the space is smaller and more enclosed) and after removing the meat from cooking the temperature continues to rise faster. Therefore I set the probe temp 5-10 degrees lower than I want so that when I remove the meat, by the time I serve it is the correct doneness.

I also use it frequently for airfrying frozrn fries and the Heartland chicken patties from Q and it works great.

Respected Contributor

Mine is a slightly different model but I do love it more than I thought I would.  I've even tried the baking feature for making Pillsbury refrigerated corn bread (individual rolls) and they all turned out perfectly evenly browned.  I was amazed that they could brown so evenly because I expected a hot or cold spot.  Also, it is FAST so I cut back the time and the temp from what the package suggested.  Perfect.

If you want one of these, get the model that fits your needs.  They are all quite similar except for the latest newer larger model which, imo, adds nothing except takes more space.

Trusted Contributor

I just returned from getting the Ninja Foodi Grill XL at Wal Mart.  It was $219.

Then just as I got home, Fed Ex showed up with my new Instant pot.

Wal mart has the Viva model for $49 if anyone is interested.

My Duo Instant Pot quit working about 6 months ago and I sure have missed it.

So now it's back, with a friend.  Smiley Happy