Honored Contributor

Any thoughts on Nespresso machines?

Anyone use and love Nespresso machines? I've been going back and forth between that or a french press for eons now, lol. There is a brand of Nespresso machine that actually accepts the pods back (pre-paid envelope!!) and they completely recycle ALL parts of the pods, including the metal and the grounds. I think that is a great idea and wouldn't have considered the Nespresso if this wasn't available.

Respected Contributor

Re: Any thoughts on Nespresso machines?

I have one and I loved it. Unfortunately I found out that I couldn't handle the coffee. It's good, just too strong for my stomach.i was also drinking too many cappacinos and lattes.  I have the one with the frother that attaches to the machine  it's a nice feature. I wouldn't go with the separate frothier. 

I dont know anything about the new machine that Sofia Vegara is advertising, sorry. 

Honored Contributor

Will these machines make regular coffee as well?  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

@Q4u  Yes, but the last time I got coffee, I had to order online. There might be places carrying it now. They are pretty fast though and reward you with extras for buying after so many. 

Frequent Contributor

LOVE my Nespresso Machine! Originally had a Keurig but then went to Italy and fell in love with their coffee (better taste and very smooth). After that the Keurig (and starbucks for a while) tasted very weak. Nespresso works differently in that it provides you with espresso and depending on how much water you select on the panel, (espresso, tall shot, cafe americano), it provides the perfect amount mixed in with the espresso beans. Mix up your milk and sugar with it and it is pure heaven! You won't regret it but if you buy  just know that you will not have all the choices that keurig provides. The coffee though is stellar!

If you have a sur la table in your area, they will usually provide taste-testings (call before you go). Better yet, youtube has a kajillion videos for Nespresso. Good luck!

Respected Contributor

@Tibard1 wrote:

LOVE my Nespresso Machine! Originally had a Keurig but then went to Italy and fell in love with their coffee (better taste and very smooth). After that the Keurig (and starbucks for a while) tasted very weak. Nespresso works differently in that it provides you with espresso and depending on how much water you select on the panel, (espresso, tall shot, cafe americano), it provides the perfect amount mixed in with the espresso beans. Mix up your milk and sugar with it and it is pure heaven! You won't regret it but if you buy  just know that you will not have all the choices that keurig provides. The coffee though is stellar!

If you have a sur la table in your area, they will usually provide taste-testings (call before you go). Better yet, youtube has a kajillion videos for Nespresso. Good luck!

Williams Sonoma usually has Nepresso coffee going in the store all the time. At least ours does. I wish we had a Sur la Table!

Honored Contributor

Thank you ladies!

I like strong coffee so that is why I was liking the Nespresso which does make either espresso or regular coffee. The coffee was delicious!

I was at Macy's and they said they will be one of the few places to buy the coffee in store, otherwise you do have to buy the pods online. I don't know if all Macy's will carry the coffee or if only a select few but it sounds like they may start offering it in more stores, which is good.

Here is the one I think I will get . It is the Nespresso Vertuoline with the Aeroccino plus milk frother:

Honored Contributor

@Tibard I hated my Keurig- weak coffee and the two machines were constantly having issues. I am not really into flavored coffees as much as I enjoy just a good cup of strong Joe that isn't bitter or weak. Smiley Happy

Contributor

I work at Sur La Table super part time.  I have gotten to play with the Nespresso machines and sample LOTS of coffee!  I love those machines.  The coffee is WAY BETTER than Keurig.  No comparison.  Excellent coffee.  Plus, unlike Keurig, the pods are recyclable.  The machines are fabulous.  I really recommend Nespresso. 

Honored Contributor

We have had 3 Nespresso machines at home and in offices.  I LOVE mine.  I make espresso!  Mine makes espresso and Americano style coffee, but not regular coffee.

It is very easy to order the coffee pods, and they've been running about 65 cents each, shipping is cheap or free and excellent fast service.

If you don't like espresso, it may not be for you.  Try to find one of the machines made in Switzerland not China if  you can.