Respected Contributor

Re: Any recommendations for a mini chopper?

@faeriemoon 

If you look further in the pages at Etsy, there's a metal one similar to the description I gave you on that one, that one is similar to what my mom used and when I moved out on my own, I purchased a plastic body one similar to the all metal one, my disks are metal but the body is plastic.

There is absolutely nothing like that hand grater, I put my baker's chocolate in there and it grates fine for cakes, I put my nuts in there for pecan fingers, those disks can be changed and they go from a rough chop/grate to a untra fine/chop grate.  

Great for carrots too for carrot cakes.

Bad thing about the one I pointed out orignally is that it's coming from the USSR and the shipping was $28.

Respected Contributor

I have an OXO hand mini chopper.  Works great.

Esteemed Contributor

For chopping nuts, I put nuts in a Ziploc freezer bag with zip closure (sturdier than storage bag) and zip shut.

Lay bag flat on counter or chopping board and whack it with my OXO 2 sided mallet until I get the desired chop (coarse/fine).

Measure out what you need, store the rest. Toss bag when used. Nothing to clean up!

I do need a chopper for onions, carrots, etc. 😉

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling 

i just saw the vintage commercial for the chopper - so neat

Respected Contributor

@Snowpuppy 

So tell us the truth....who are you really whacking???????  

Spoiler
Smiley Happy

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Respected Contributor

I love the Kuhn Rikon Mini Pull Chopper. I just checked the QVC site, it is on waitlist right now.  I love mine.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon 

I know it may seem silly but get K48049 (On WL)

It is the BEST gizmo I ever bought.  Super easy to clean.

Super Contributor

I purchased this about a year ago and I'm amazed at how powerfull it is.  This sounds weird, but I just chopped some dry cat kibble in it.  My senior kitty had to go on a special diet, and will only eat the dry version of it, but the pieces are rock hard and too big for her, so I decided to try chopping it up.  It worked!  Smaller bits that she can handle.  

I love that the bowls come right off the unit so they are super east to clean.  

I've also ground coffee beans in it, very easy to control the grind.  

Capture.GIF

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Respected Contributor

I would recommend a Ninja. We have a big 14 once kitchen aid food processed with a 3 or 4 cup mini bowl and we allso have a ninja choper that came with 3 different size bowls. I recommend the ninja.we use that for small quick Easyer jobs. I have grated hard parm cheese. It actually broke my full size kitchen aid blade and the small mini Ninja grates the cheese with no problem. Even with the bigger ninja bowls the ninja seems to handle jobs better than the 300 dollar kitchen aid processer does.

Honored Contributor

I love my smaller Cuisinart.  Never an issue with it.