Honored Contributor

Any recommendations for a mini chopper?

My Cuisinart Mini Prep Plus bit the dust.  Any recommendations for something better before I just replace this one?  I use it mostly for chopping nuts when I want them to be fairly fine.  Most of the time I just use my knife for chopping but this gadget is my go-to when I have a lot of something I want to chop very small/fine.

Thanks in advance. Smiley Happy

Visitor

Re: Any recommendations for a mini chopper?

I also had the cuisinart mini chopper and LOVE it.  I moved it to my motorhome and now have the kitchenaid and it does more but for me it was a little learning curve.  I do, however, like the Kitchenaid and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Honored Contributor

@Roxiedoxie Thanks for the rec.  I will look it up. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I have one of these Pampered Chef Choppers:

Pampered Chef Food Chopper #2585 - Free Shipping

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon 

I use my little mini prep to liquefy garlic cloves for my huge batches of marinara sauce.  Easier to sauté: no bits of garlic to get stuck in teeth !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon 

I have the same one as you, sorry yours took a dump.

I was just thinking for the latest gadget for grating, chopping, you need to attend a State Fair.   Isn't it true that they have the world's best choppers and graters that does all this!

I don't use mine for nuts because they do not all chop at the same time, some are big, some are small, I use a hand grater for those.

This one is the best, I have one similar with the disks which are worth your weight in gold.   I grate my nuts with this unit.

Vintage rotary grater Mouli Julienne made in France Slicer salad maker Shredder with 5 metal disks  found at Etsy

Honored Contributor

I also have the Cuisinart 4-cup chopper.  If it ceased operation, I would probably replace it with another of the same.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling @deepwaterdotter Thank you both very much for your input.  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee Thank you for the suggestion and the picture!  There is something to be said for non electric gadgets (I tend to use my knife for just about everything.)  I will look into this.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling Just looked up that really cool gadget!!  Seriously considering a non electric.