Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any one get their Rangemate TSV yet?

I have not received mine yet. I ordered several - one for me - and the others for Xmas presents. I will try mine out and if doesn't really work, will send all back! Really does sound like a good idea though...

Valued Contributor

Mine came today and I tried it with potato wedges tossed with olive oil and seasoning. In my 700 watt oven they were done in about 10 minutes. They were browned and tasted good but were not crispy. Maybe I should have patted the moisture off them first after cutting. Anyway, they took forever on the rangetop and this is so much faster and easier.

There seems to be a lot of play in the cover as it doesn't fit snugly. Guess it's not an issue as there are holes for the steam to escape, and I didn't see any steam escaping the sides. So far I pleased that it fit my small microwave and that it works! Tonight I will try a pizza in it. It's going to be fun to play with this!

Respected Contributor

Are you people talking about the rectangle one or the round one? Does the rectangular one have the problem with the coating coming off, but the round one is okay?

Occasional Contributor

Is there anyway to reheat leftovers in the new range mate with inserts???
Honored Contributor

I got mine on Monday and used it right away, it was good for grilling veggies, my hubby thought the salmon was just ok and the grilled chicken breasts were not grilled looking. Its a lot of work using it for two people, not sure I am going to keep it and not sure I have a place to store it

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

Sunshine, the company told me that the issues regarding the lid bubbling and peeling have been resolved with the round model. I'm not sure if that's so with the rectangular one. I tried making ribs in it last night and they were gray and not very appetizing looking. I had to put them on a preheated cast iron grill and then they were delicious. It could be because I had a 700 watt micro, but that should have been corrected by giving them more time.

I made eggs this morning using the muffin cups and added ham and pepperjack cheese to the whisked eggs. They were good. I don't think for me this is the answer for cooking meats that I want seared, but I'm looking forward to using it for other things. I want to try a stir fry with cellophane noodes I saw the end result of, but no recipe. Trying pizza next today. I don't think this is the be all-end all for all your cooking as they claim if you are discerning how your meat is cooked and looks, but it seems like it will be very useful for a lot of my cooking.

I bought a hard boiled egg cooker, and two Lekue silicone microwave steamers and cookers I no longer need, and can return. This replaces all of those. I plan to store it in the microwave, so no extra room needed.

Respected Contributor

On 7/3/2014 Blondelle said:

Sunshine, the company told me that the issues regarding the lid bubbling and peeling have been resolved with the round model. I'm not sure if that's so with the rectangular one. I tried making ribs in it last night and they were gray and not very appetizing looking. I had to put them on a preheated cast iron grill and then they were delicious. It could be because I had a 700 watt micro, but that should have been corrected by giving them more time.

I made eggs this morning using the muffin cups and added ham and pepperjack cheese to the whisked eggs. They were good. I don't think for me this is the answer for cooking meats that I want seared, but I'm looking forward to using it for other things. I want to try a stir fry with cellophane noodes I saw the end result of, but no recipe. Trying pizza next today. I don't think this is the be all-end all for all your cooking as they claim if you are discerning how your meat is cooked and looks, but it seems like it will be very useful for a lot of my cooking.

I bought a hard boiled egg cooker, and two Lekue silicone microwave steamers and cookers I no longer need, and can return. This replaces all of those. I plan to store it in the microwave, so no extra room needed.

Thank you for the response.

Valued Contributor

On their Facebook site they have a link for 20 additional recipes for their round 6/25 TSV RangeMate. It was posted a 7/1 and the link is below. They look really nice and include the Asian wings. What's confusing though is that several of them tell you to preheat the unit first, and they don't mention adding anything to it while preheating. The instructions say not to use it without adding some type of liquid or oil.

Recipes

Esteemed Contributor

Mine (red) came Tuesday.

Last night I had steaks that HAD to be cooked and I really didn't have time to do them as I normally would. The Rangemate saved me...and them! I modified the recipe in the book and used green pepper strips instead of mushrooms. I forgot to preheat the dish (if I was supposed to), and everything still came out great!!

I have to find a "home" for it, but it won't be too far away. I can see myself using this A LOT! So glad I got it!

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

I'm storing mine in the microwave!