Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any one get their Rangemate TSV yet?

Steamed green beans last night.

Keepin' it real.
Valued Contributor

Just a FYI for those who have more than one Rangemate. I messaged Rangemate through Facebook and asked if two could be placed in the microwave at the same time. The answer was yes -- but that the cooking time would have to be longer.

Respected Contributor

WOW! That must be some kind of large microwave!

Valued Contributor

On 7/4/2014 tigriss said:

WOW! That must be some kind of large microwave!

LOL! Not really! I am talking about the original Rangemate and the TSV -- not two of the TSVs!

Not applicable

I received my Rangemate TSV 4 days ago. No directions included on how to clean and maintain it. This was important because there was a distinct odor emanating from the pot and I do remember being told not to submerge the pot in water. The enclosed cookbook had some special elaborate recipes - but nothing basic like how to prepare a simple burger or how to cook fresh veggies. I tried using a steak recipe to prepare a frozen burger last night. I put a little oil in the pan per the recipe. It took 20 minutes to cook it thoroughly! No grill stripes on the burger and the meat did not brown. The flavor was excellent though. (I used a salt-free Italian seasoning blend.) Not having a home computer, I had to wait until I could get to one to try to access the extra recipes promised in the presentation. Were they only available the day of the presentation? I ask because I cannot find them!!! Why didn't they just include them in the box with the Rangemate? This is turning into a disappointment.

Valued Contributor

If you go the the item page -- in the description box -- at the top -- you will find a link to the recipes. HTH!

Occasional Contributor

I am still waiting for the promised additional 5 recipes to be emailed to me. Nothing yet. And no one at qvc seems to know about them including corporate apparently since I was told they (CS) would email corporate to check and still nothing. I have asked on 3 occasions. I need that chicken wing recipe. Anyone get them yet ? Also someone said there some on Facebook - anyone know where they are ? TIA
Respected Contributor

Enjoy! I believe these are the extra recipes I found online. I wanted the wings recipe also.

Asian Glazed Chicken Wings

Ingredients

8-10 large raw chicken wing sections dried well

1 tsp seasoning salt

1/2c soy sauce

1/4c honey

1/4 tsp ground ginger

1/4 tsp red pepper flake

1 clove garlic minced

Season wings with salt and place in Range Mate base. Cover and cook on full power for 6 minutes. Remove unit and carefully turn wings over. Cover and cook for an additional 6 minutes.

Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Remove chicken to a plate and discard fat. Wipe Range Mate base out with towel. Place chicken back in base, pour sauce over, cover and cook for 3 minutes. Serve wings with a side of sauce for dipping.

Grilled Chicken Breast with Fontina Cheese

Ingredients

3-6oz boneless chicken breast (skin on or skinless)

1 red bell pepper sliced

1 red onion sliced

1clove garlic minced

6oz Fontina cheese grated

1/2 tsp dried basil

1 tsp salt

1/4 tsp black pepper

Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place in Range Mate base.

Cover and cook on full power for 6 minutes. Remove and turn breast over, add peppers, onion,garlic and basil, cover and cook for an additional 4 minutes. Add grated cheese over chicken,cook for 1 minute. Let stand for 3 minutes. Serve.

Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich

Ingredients

1 pound beef chip steak

1 medium onion sliced

1 green bell pepper sliced

6 slices American cheese or provolone

3- 6 inch torpedo rolls

1 tsp salt

1/4 tsp black pepper

Heat covered Range Mate unit for 5 minutes in microwave on full power.

Add steak and stir until meat is browned. Add in peppers and onions, cover and cook for 4

minutes on full power. Remove meat and peppers with slotted spoon to a bowl. leave as much of the juice behind. Discard juice and wipe base out with paper towel. Add meat mixture back into

Range Mate, season with salt and pepper. Arrange cheese evenly over meat, cover and cook for 2minutes. Fill rolls with meat and cheese, serve.

Chocolate Fondue

Ingredients

18oz bittersweet chocolate chopped

2/3c heavy cream

1/3c brewed or instant espresso

2 tsp vanilla extract

1/4 tsp salt

Place chocolate, cream, espresso, vanilla and salt in Range Mate base.

Cover and cook on full power for 1 minute.

Stir well and continue cooking at 30 second intervals until smooth and warm.

Leave in Range Mate to serve. Residual heat will keep warm for a long while.

Serve with sliced fruit, berries, cookies, pound cake or marshmallows.

Super Contributor

I got mine the other day. I cut up some veggies and thinly sliced fingerling potatoes. Poured 2T of olive oil in the Rangemate then added the veggies & potato, salt and pepper. 3 min in the microwave then stir and cooked it another 2 min. I was so surprised. The veggies had grill marks! I added some goat cheese and it was so yummy. I admit I was skeptical but it works. I'm really pleased.

Occasional Contributor

Anyone have any recommendations for bacon in an 1100 watt microwave ? How does it come out? How long to cook? TIA