Respected Contributor

Re: Ant Week at the Ol' Homestead

They come and go in troops.  TERRO works fantastic and just a couple of drops on the paper disc and they circle, eat and then poof they disappear.  

Respected Contributor

Before I posted I wiped my counters where the ants were with 1)Lysol disinfectant, 2)alcohol and 3)vinegar and water. Made no difference.

After posting I sprayed the ants with Target brand (Up & Up) disinfectant and it immediately killed them and seems to be keeping them away from the sprayed area. We'll see what happens overnight.

All your suggestions are great. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I use Amdro ant block (Home Depot or Lowe’s).  It is granular and you sprinkle it around the outside perimeter of your house (next to the foundation).  It kills the ants before they come inside your house. I have had really good luck with it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Mint leaves will keep them away.  Cheap to grow  your own.  Always worked for me.  Luckily,  I haven't been bothered for several years.  I do have a rid-ex or whatever you call those things you plug in.

Honored Contributor

I discovered a "trail" coming from my neighbor's house.....I sprayed all the way over to her foundation.   Don't remember what I used, but it worked. 

♥Surface of the Sun♥