Honored Contributor

Re: Another Foodi Question, Please

Heart Association, I have read, just wants you to have one tiny steak about the size of a deck of cards.   4-6 oz and that's once a week no more.

David isn't going to have any of that stuff like my DH.

I"m fine with it because I have high cholesterol, but, DH's numbers are 163 on the Chol. pill, so, he's ordering the bigger cuts.

Contributor

i use the broil function when cooking red meat in the Foodi. It turns out fine 

Honored Contributor

I don't have the Foodi, but I make a steak in my air fryer and it turns out great.

Honored Contributor

Looks like it would be dried out and tough.

I pressure cook everything or it's tough as a saddle

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Looks like it would be dried out and tough.

I pressure cook everything or it's tough as a saddle

@SharkEOh dear. I don't think I'm going to pressure cook a 2# T-Bone. I think we're talking about grilling a nice steak to a medium to medium rare. I have been wondering about using my Foodi for this purpose also. I have some nice ribeyes in the freezer.

Contributor

I use bake/ roast function at 375,preheat reversible rack in high position 5 minutes,add ribeye seasoned with salt and pepper and set for 10 minutes. Turn once. Easy.

Contributor

I make steak in mine all the time and they are great. I use AF and set it to 350 for 10 min. I keep a eye on it and turn it once. I let the steak sit out for about a half hour to warm it up a little and season it well. My steaks are pretty thin so the cooking time would depend on the thickness of your steak. It is usually done in 8 min. we like our steak medium well.