Respected Contributor

Another Foodi Question, Please

Has anyone really done a steak in this thing?  If so, how did it turn out?   Does it really taste great?   I can't imagine so relying you feedback here.  Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another Foodi Question, Please

Is your question about the quality of QVC's steaks?  Your question is a little fuzzy.  Never ordered Ressli (sp) because I was disappointed in Kansas City - now buy from my local area - fresh meat and then freeze if I so decide.

Respected Contributor

@fthunt   I think @Bridgegal is asking if anyone has used the Ninja Foodi, that @sharke has to grill a steak and if, so does it do a good job.  

I can't help with an answer as to performance for this task because I don't own this small appliance.

Hope this explanation is correct.  That is the way I interpreted the Original Poster's query.

Esteemed Contributor

@aroc3435 Thanks - not familiar with that product at all.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I don't have the Ninja Foodie, but steaks turn out great  for me in my air fryer.  (I didn't care for the Rastelli steaks from QVC that I ordered.  (sorry if the spelling is incorrect)

Respected Contributor

@fthunt 

Sorry, no.   I was asking about the Ninja Foodi.   I guess I wasn't clear.

Contributor

You tube has a video,How to cook an awesome ribeye in the ninja foodi. I have a ninja foodi and have cooked ribeyes as they say and they have been perfect.Easy and no mess. Chicken pot pie recipie  that comes in cookbook with it is really good too.

Honored Contributor

I've done big roasts, chickens (whole), salmon, not one steak.

What I would do is use the bake or saute/sear option , then, pressure

cook it for however long. All the meat where I live is tough as shoe leather.

Any tiime you pressure cook add at least 1/2 cup of water. I use whole cup for roast beef or pork and for whole chickens (chicken broth is better for chicken)

U tube is full of videos . Video in there for everything you ever wanted to know !

Honored Contributor

after pressure cooking and if you want it bbq'd I'd (with gloves) lift out the pot, drain , put on little bbq sauce and air fry it for just a few minutes. Flip and do the other side. Maybe minute per side with sauce. Air fryer is fast!

Everything all in same pot ! What I like the most about the Foodi. One pot clean up

Respected Contributor

@fthunt What bothers me is you never see, or hear  the steaks being certified by the Heart Association. Ever. I inquired and was told non are certified.