Regular Contributor

Another $100+ trash can????  Am I so out of touch that I cannot see what is so "special" about this item?  I just don't get it.  Do the buyers for the QVC kitchen shows really think these cans will be best sellers?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Another $100+ trash can????

I use the free Walmart bags.  LOL

Boop

Honored Contributor

Seriously? No way would I ever spend even close to that much lol.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

When I "thought" it was time for a new kitchen can, I quickly changed my mind once I saw the prices.

There was nothing wrong with the old one, I was just tired of it.  It's still working just fine!

Honored Contributor

I won't set a price, but I will say, in a kitchen where the can is on display and sitting out, I'd pay a lot to have a sturdy one that opens and closes well with a foot press or a hand press, closes well, and is great looking.  

I won't set a price, but if it's on display it ought to be a really nice one.  Bed and Bath and Beyond has some as I recall, but I've never priced them because ours in under the sink and is a simple plastic one.   But I remember I bought my mother a good stainless steel one for Christmas one year and boy did it look nice and work well and she was THRILLED!  LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

the BEST trash cans out there are the ones by SIMPLEHUMAN. they are sold online and are sold in bed, bath, and beyond. 5 year warranty and they look good sitting in your kitchen.

there are some even more expensive that these.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

the BEST trash cans out there are the ones by SIMPLEHUMAN. they are sold online and are sold in bed, bath, and beyond. 5 year warranty and they look good sitting in your kitchen.

there are some even more expensive that these.

Totally agree @sunshine45.  I've had mine for 4 years (foot activated, not the one that opens from just waving your hand).  It's a stainless steel, rounded rectangle and looks great with my stainless steel appliances.  I would never have an eyesore of a garbage can out in the open in my kitchen (I don't have a closed cabinet for trash).  It may be just kitchen cosmetics, but it matters to me.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know it seems insane to spend on a trash can but I see that hulking mass every day in my kitchen.  So I splurged and bought an open top Simple Human can.  It's sleek and has a cool design.  I did start off with the foot pedal kind but found that crud got into the hinges, so I recommend the open top kind.  

Respected Contributor

The one that magically opens when you wave your hand was worth the up charge to me.
Valued Contributor

I have the Simplehuman trash can and it's great.  I bought mine at Bed,Bath and Beyond with a 20% off coupon and no ridiculous shipping charge as they were showing on air the other night.  I think it's the best trash can I've ever had.