Regular Contributor

Americas Test Kitchen Cheesecake

In the recent recipe for cheesecake, cooked at 200 degrees, ATK did not specify what size springform pan to use.  It takes 5 bars of cream cheese . . . I have a 9" pan and a 10" pan.  Which is the one to use?  Anybody know?  Clicking on their website, it is always blocked out.  TIA!

Valued Contributor

Re: Americas Test Kitchen Cheesecake

I just searched "americas test kitchen cheesecake" and one of the the links that came up was for ATK site for New York style cheesecake and even though the recipe is blocked, look on the right side under picture and it says "makes one 9 in cheesecake.

Just make sure this is the right recipe. It uses 2 1/2 pounds cream cheese. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@CountryMusicGal

whichever size you use, I just want a slice - pretty please?

Esteemed Contributor

@CountryMusicGal wrote:

In the recent recipe for cheesecake, cooked at 200 degrees, ATK did not specify what size springform pan to use.  It takes 5 bars of cream cheese . . . I have a 9" pan and a 10" pan.  Which is the one to use?  Anybody know?  Clicking on their website, it is always blocked out.  TIA!

@CountryMusicGal  I got their recipe years ago.  They must be recycling Smiley Happy

Anyway, use your 10".  It makes a BIG cheesecake and so good!!  Once when I made it, I had the bottom of the pan in wrong and you can imagine what happened when I poured the batter in!!  What a mess....never did that again!  Luckily I was able to stop before too much damage was done Smiley Happy  Have fun.......

Esteemed Contributor

I would use the 10" springform pan for 5/8oz packages of cream cheese.

I have an old family recipe that uses 3/8oz packages and it fits nicely in a 9" springform pan.