Respected Contributor

Amazon Package Received as a Gift/UPDATE

[ Edited ]

I have no idea who sent me 1 package of candy dark chocolate and 1 package of white chocolate candy melts

Tells me its a gift from some decor group of never heard of them.

Tried to look them up and found nothing.

On the packing slip it tells me to scan and I can send a thank you.

Ever happen to you?

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Package Received as a Gift

@Just Bling I've seen people on our local FB page talk about this. I wouldn't touch it nor would I respond in any way to the "sender". 

It can be sketchy for a number of reasons. I would be wary of using it or acknowledging it.

But that's just me.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling  Can you afford to buy your own candy?  Of course you can.

Pitch that candy in the trash and don't give it or anything else a thought.

Always trust what your brain is trying to tell you.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling And the fact that you can't locate the sender is a big red flag that it's sketchy. Toss it.

Honored Contributor

I'd say it's a scam.  If you have time, check with local police dept., state attorney general's office or consumer protection to see if others have received.

The scan thing is a huge red flag.  And it could be very malicious. 

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling   I've heard this is a scam where a Chinese vendor will send a "gift" so he can say you bought the product then a glowing review will be written under your name, perhaps on Amazon or maybe elsewhere.  My sister got sunglasses.   They can prove the product was sent to you. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Just because I am curious @Just Bling  I would call Amazon for further information.  Wouldn't scan or click on anything and toss the candy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Just Bling  Please just toss it.  Better yet, try to destroy it so that no one or animal gets into your trash.  Never eat anything when you do not know where it came from or what it definitely is.  Looks can be deceiving.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

It's 2 bags of melting chocolates, sealed, came in an Amazon plastic bag ak wrapped in another plastic bag.

Gharadelli melting chocolates worth about $18

There is abolustely nothing on FB or the internet about this Decor LLC and that's extremely suspicious

There's nothing about the bags that look like they were tampered with but yes, it's not worth it.

Honored Contributor

Someone posted the received "gift" from unknown source.  I believe it was craft supplies -- indicated a # to call.  they stated asked to confirm their personal info to continue getting these "gifts".

Sheriff office put out warning it's a scam beware.   Targeted older people here.

smh