Respected Contributor

Re: All KitchenAid All the Time

@ahoymate wrote:

Some are calling in stating they have one since the beginning, ~1919 & are buying another or buying for gifts etc. Some say they want to have 2 KA's. 

The vendor's for KA isn't pleasant to listen to.

Tina is a sweatheart, I love to see her mixing and enjoying her life, not a very nice thing to say about her. 

Honored Contributor

This is very true @Kachina624 .  I've tried for years to gift my sister the KA mixer as she makes the best chocolate chip cookies and more...nope, she has her 26 year old Hamilton Beach hand mixer and refuses to give it up!

Sometimes if the dough is too dense she'll just hand mix.  

For years I used a hand mixer bought in KMart for $9.99 back in the 70's and all through my younger years until I started "borrowing" my grandmothers old KA and fell in love with it!

I bought a KA stand mixer in the early 70s at a yard sale which was already older but that darn thing was a workhorse.  I then opened a catering/baking business and upgraded...

these KA mixers aren't for everyone's needs but once you use it you fall in love with it!  Of course, I have my KA hand mixer which I use often since mine does not sit on counter.

Personally, I think once the Food Network chef shows showed chefs using them we "ALL" wanted one thinking our food/baking would come out better ... wink wink!

Respected Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

LizzieSRQ:

Yes, the vendor is knowledgeable but her voice is hard to listen to. Mute is best.

I will listen and when I have the time always watch her. I learn from her and find her sweet mannered just Laura Weathers was, who also did not have a velvet voice. 

Respected Contributor

HLP:

The truth isn't always nice. So be it.

Respected Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

If you don't need a Kitchen Aid stand mixer, you might as well turn off ITKWD. They are spending so much time this weekend pushing the mixer with a hard sell. Yes, it is a good deal with free shipping but don't most people watching a kitchen show already have one? So I am just doing Q checks today.

Yes, you should turn the TV off if you don't want to watch ITKWD rather than complaining on the boards about the show.  I have a KitchenAid mixer but I like to watch their representative, Tina go over her recipes.  I usually find one or more that I want to try.  So please turn the TV off rather than gripe...

Honored Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@chessylady wrote:

If you don't need a Kitchen Aid stand mixer, you might as well turn off ITKWD. They are spending so much time this weekend pushing the mixer with a hard sell. Yes, it is a good deal with free shipping but don't most people watching a kitchen show already have one? So I am just doing Q checks today.

Yes, you should turn the TV off if you don't want to watch ITKWD rather than complaining on the boards about the show.  I have a KitchenAid mixer but I like to watch their representative, Tina go over her recipes.  I usually find one or more that I want to try.  So please turn the TV off rather than gripe...

@KatieB. I already figured out that I need to turn the TV off rather than listen to Tina's voice which just grates on my nerves.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

@chessylady wrote:

@KatieB. I already figured out that I need to turn the TV off rather than listen to Tina's voice which just grates on my nerves.

Good to know.

Contributor

Gee some of you are so rude. I come on this blog to share and get ideas. I have a KA mixer and brought a new one today because I wanted another color. I have watched Tina all day and find her very entertaining. She shows different recipes which I like. We are all different in the way we speak but I think we are a lot alike in the kitchen if we are on this blog. 

Respected Contributor

@Flashgordon22  Congrats, what color did you already have and what new color did you get?

I have a color they featured a few years ago, Raspberry Ice ( a pearlized bright pink ...love it!)

Honored Contributor

Don't forget that new hand mixer that softens butter as it mixes.

I bought one at Bed and Bath, they're grey and copper colored

Oster with Heat Soft technology.