Respected Contributor

If you don't need a Kitchen Aid stand mixer, you might as well turn off ITKWD. They are spending so much time this weekend pushing the mixer with a hard sell. Yes, it is a good deal with free shipping but don't most people watching a kitchen show already have one? So I am just doing Q checks today.

Honored Contributor

Re: All KitchenAid All the Time

It's the TSV.  All TSV's get the same treatment on ITKWD whether they are even kitchen related or not.  At least this one is kitchen related.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some are calling in stating they have one since the beginning, ~1919 & are buying another or buying for gifts etc. Some say they want to have 2 KA's. 

The vendor's for KA isn't pleasant to listen to.

Respected Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

If you don't need a Kitchen Aid stand mixer, you might as well turn off ITKWD. They are spending so much time this weekend pushing the mixer with a hard sell. Yes, it is a good deal with free shipping but don't most people watching a kitchen show already have one? So I am just doing Q checks today.

"Don't most people watching a kitchen show already have one?" No, there are new humans born everyday. New consumers develop means and needs every single day. That is an ignorant assumption on your part. 

Ive been watching cooking shows for about 5 decades but got my KA about 5 years ago. What a strange assumption to make

Respected Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

Some are calling in stating they have one since the beginning, ~1919 & are buying another or buying for gifts etc. Some say they want to have 2 KA's. 

The vendor's for KA isn't pleasant to listen to.

Her voice quality may not be velvet but she is an amazing presenter and knows her products and is a great teacher in my opinion. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have two Kitchenaid's and do not feel like turning the channel. Rather, I enjoy the presentations because of the cooking ideas I get. I also enjoy hearing callers tell their own stories and history with Kitchenaid. There is always someone tuning in for the first time that has not seen the presentation.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

LizzieSRQ:

Yes, the vendor is knowledgeable but her voice is hard to listen to. Mute is best.

Honored Contributor

Every time I've turned on Q its been the mixer.  Seems like hours and hours of programming BUT I'm sure with the holidays coming many will buy!  I love all the colors!!!

Honored Contributor

I've always done a lot of baking; always made double batches of cookies.  The only mixer I owned until a couple of years ago was a $20 GE hand mixer I got as a wedding gift 55 years ago.  Still just have a hand mixer.  Those big space hog Kitchenaids are not necessary to cook or run a productive kitchen.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@chessyladyYou would think so -  if they didn't sell thousands of them every time they're offered.   

But it's like anything else, if I personally don't have much interest I don't watch.  I've stopped browsing my local shops just for something to do and I no longer turn to a shopping channel just to see if something might catch my eye.

I did deliberately watch a small bit of Creede silver Day.  After 7 years of buying almost new jewelry, I went through 2 break-ins this summer and lots of my collection is gone so I wanted and even sort of needed a new pair of earrings.