Respected Contributor

Any owners of Alexa find her useful in the kitchen? 

Of course the music/comedy albums or podcasts are great at relieving boredom.

Timers that can be set without cleaning off your hands -- very helpful . Those are great when coloring your hair also !Smiley Happy 

My math skills are less than perfect and she is very helpful when cutting down or expanding a recipe. 

I find her to be earning her keep . Of course I forget sometimes to ask starting with her name and then find myself getting angry at an electrical device -- oh-oh--Woman Embarassed

Honored Contributor

Re: Alexa doing kitchen duty?

Since I have bluetooth speakers, I find my DOT very useful in every room, not just the kitchen.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Since I have bluetooth speakers, I find my DOT very useful in every room, not just the kitchen.

How does that work, @Mz iMac?  If I pair with a bluetooth speaker and my DOT is in the kitchen and the speaker in the bedroom will the sound come from both or can I have it just come out of the bluetooth speaker in the bedroom?

Super Contributor

@okaywitheasypay  I love that when I use up the last of something while cooking or baking that I can tell her to add it to the shopping list.  

Honored Contributor

@itsmetoo

The sound wil come out of whichever room your BT speaker is in.  Not both.  At least for the DOT 2nd generation.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@itsmetoo

The sound wil come out of whichever room your BT speaker is in.  Not both.  At least for the DOT 2nd generation.

@Mz iMac

Thank you so much!  I never thought about doing that so I'm going to give it a try.  I'm new to the DOT.

Honored Contributor

@itsmetoo

If you have BT headphones, no need for BT speakers.  This way, you will not disturb other folks in the room.

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@itsmetoo

If you have BT headphones, no need for BT speakers.  This way, you will not disturb other folks in the room.

@Mz iMac

What a good idea - thank you!  I've been looking for new ways to use the DOT.  What I'm really loving so far are the smart plugs! 

Esteemed Contributor

@okaywitheasypay, I consider myself pretty up to date electronically but, with all the security issues with these devices, I haven’t gone there yet.  I am hoping they up the bar and solve the security issues.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom

confused.gif