Trusted Contributor

@deb5555 wrote:

I just bought our Thanksgiving turkey 22# from aldis, nice selection on everything.  Ours is recently remodeled too. 

Our store had a very nice selection of hams, whole turkeys, bone-in turkey breasts, and small boneless 3lb. turkey breasts this past weekend.

I looked at the bone-in turkey breasts. I bought one last year and made one for us, and it was delicious. I found one that was small enough and that was the perfect size and price for us.

This year, they were just too large for us, so I ended up choosing one of the little 3lb. boneless turkey breasts. I love turkey and will eat it or make it year-round. My husband likes it and will eat it too, but he's not as big on it as I am, so he encouraged me to just get the smaller boneless breast, so that it what we got this year. I am looking forward to roasting it.

I'm sure that our kitty will enjoy it too, as she loves turkey! Heart Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

Thanks Chicagoan i will be making your caramelized onions!! I also regularly buy the Moser Roth Dark Chocolate mint flavors

Image result for moser dark chocolate mintThese are all good, you just have too look for them, in the summer they move them by the freezer section.

Valued Contributor

@deb5555  I love their Milk Chocolate and Almond bars, although the last two times I have been there they were sold out of them.  I also buy all my baking ingredients at Aldi's.

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Trusted Contributor

@chicagoan wrote:

@deb5555  I love their Milk Chocolate and Almond bars, although the last two times I have been there they were sold out of them.  I also buy all my baking ingredients at Aldi's.

I try to get whatever I can there, regarding baking items too, @Chicagoan.

They had really good deals this Sat. on baking spices. They had a good price on Pumpkin Pie spice, if anyone needs any. That can be quite expensive, and it was a good buy there.

I also got a couple cans of pumpkin, too. They were almost out of the small cans of pumpkin puree.

I just think that it was a matter of timing--that we were there early on a Sat. after the store just opened where they weren't able to re-stock it yet after Friday evening's shopping was done.

They were out of a lot of items, and it looks like they were making room in the freezers for more stock.

Honored Contributor

Hello my Aldi friends!  I thought of you today as I ran over to snag one of those vases that are featured in this week's ad (it's fabulous and is perfect in my bathroom) but I was also thrilled to find some items I missed on previous trips including . . . are you ready? . . . the infamous garlic flatbread pizza! . . . I would have taken all four but I only have room in my freezer for two but I am so glad I didn't miss out after all.

I also bought a very small (perfect size for me) boneless spiral cut ham which will never see the holidays . . . Smiley Happy