Respected Contributor

Did anyone else get this today?  It has 24 small bottles of different wines in an advent calendar box.  I got one for my hubby but there were only 11 at my store.  I also got the cheese advent calendar and the Hot Wheels Advent calendar for my grandson.  

They were here all sold out in the first 15 minutes or so of the store opening.  Too bad they did not have more supply as they would have sold very well.

It was the first time I had to wait in line to get into my Aldi at opening time!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Trusted Contributor

Re: Aldi Wine Advent Calendar

I'm heading out to find one.  I rarely shop at Aldi but this peaked my interest.

Honored Contributor

our grocery stores cannot sell wine or any alcohol, so unfortunately i cannot get this.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our Aldi's did not stock it. It's not available at all locations. @mimomof4

Our state just changed the laws plus Aldi's is still bringing in more wines/beers & setting it all up.

I looked online at their location map & it shows none in my state. Shows its $69.99 & includes the below list.

• Celebrate the countdown to Christmas in style! This festive wine advent calendar brings you 24 windows of wine joy. From Italy to Australia, come on a wine advent odyssey with us.

Each advent calendar contains the following:

• 2 x Prosecco Extra Dry, Italy
  • 2 x Chardonnay, Australia
  • 2 x Chenin Blanc, South Africa
  • 2 x Sauvignon Blanc, New Zealand
  • 2 x White Zinfandel, U.S.A.
  • 2 x Cabernet Sauvignon, Australia
  • 2 x Pinot Grigio, Italy
  • 2 x Malbec, Argentina
  • 2 x Shiraz, Australia
  • 2 x Red Blend, Italy
  • 2 x Merlot, Chile
  • 2 x Sauvignon Blanc, Chile
Respected Contributor

Thank you for posting the list of the wines it contains!   I hope my hubby will enjoy these wines.  

I noticed Costco has a beer advent calendar when I was there the other day. 

Fun for for gift Giving!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

Thank you for posting the list of the wines it contains!   I hope my hubby will enjoy these wines.  

I noticed Costco has a beer advent calendar when I was there the other day. 

Fun for for gift Giving!

@4kitties

ITA it makes a great gift for the wine lover.

DH does not really care for wine. He likes Whiskey & Beer.

Esteemed Contributor

L'Occitane dot com --- click Special Offers ---- they have Signature Advent Calendar with many sample-sized products - $59. Regular $109. This site is one of my favorites and I have a truckload of their GREAT products.

Honored Contributor

They were talking about this on our local news last night.

Said it would be available the whole month of Dec. LOL!!!

They must not shop at Aldi's since when it's gone it's gone.

Contributor

Sorry, don’t trust Aldi to have anything resembling items that compare even to my local stores “house brands”. I don’t skimp on food no matter what. I will cheap out on other stuff but not food. 

Honored Contributor

@SCshopper2 wrote:

Sorry, don’t trust Aldi to have anything resembling items that compare even to my local stores “house brands”. I don’t skimp on food no matter what. I will cheap out on other stuff but not food. 

@SCshopper2

They have a lot of good products at Aldi's. You just have to try them to find what you like or not. 

IMO some are the exact same thing as name brands they just have another name on them. Not all products are like this but some are.

I don't skimp on food either. I have not had any problems with the foods I have bought there. 

Do you shop at Trader Joe's? Aldi & Trader Joe's is owned by the same German company.

It's not any different then other grocery stores that carry name brand or generic brand products.