Valued Contributor

A few questions for anyone who purchased the 1400w air fryer. Can you just place it on counter top? In the instructions if I am reading correctly says no. Also I tried doing a quesadilla and what a disaster the top blew up into the fan casing and started to burn and what a smelly mess. I suppose there is a learning curve. Lastly do you use same temp as oven only lessen time? I am liking it but seems takes a long time to cook like fried.

Respected Contributor

item number?

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

This is the TSV?  I put mine on the counter.  I use the same temp as it would be in the oven, only less time.  Seems to work.  I have only experimented with frozen foods.

Valued Contributor

Look at the location of the burner that is very close to your food and adjust the temp accordingly. In order to get any semblance of a fried effect, you need to brush oil on the item. I think a quesadilla would only be in for a short time as you toast the tortilla and just melt the cheese. 

Esteemed Contributor

Where my supposed to put it if I can't put it on the counter? I don't have this brand but I have another one that works great I've made deep-fried zucchini, fries and onion rings and all of turned out wonderfully. 

Valued Contributor

I put mine on the counter, but I did put it on a cutting board. I am not sure I need to, but I am being cautious. I don't think that a quesadilla is the right item to put in the air fryer! Just put it in a skillet for a couple of minutes a side.

I have made fresh french fries and potato wedges, cauliflower, roasted beets, and frozen fries and okra in mine so far. I am really liking mine, and will continue to try different things weekly.

Honored Contributor

I have been using mine on the kitchen counter with no problems. How else do they think you are going to use it if you don't set it on the counter?

I imagine the fan blew the quesadilla top up & blew off the cheese. I heard Meredith say if you put cheese on a hamburger in the air fryer to use melted cheese or that cheese spread because the fan will blow the cheese off. When I saw it on TV it looked like she was using Cheese Whiz.

Valued Contributor

The reason I asked about placing it directly on the counter, it stated so in directions. However like a few of you I am going to place it directly. I find the basket sticks and I can only imagine on a cutting board...my food would be on the floor.

i had ordered the tsv but was on waitlist so rather than wait I ordered the 1400 watt.

So far French fries have been great! Thank you all.

Respected Contributor

I better go check the instructions. I still have old Formica counter tops and haven't seen a problem develope . That disclaimer might be in there for any possible liability issues that could arise from use?? Hmmm, got me wondering 

Valued Contributor

I

update...I used my fryer at 400 degrees for a length of time directly on counter top and when I moved it to check it was just a little warm. Maybe it's a precaution I don't know but much easier to use that way. I do have to watch because a lot of heat comes out of the exhaust. I am really liking this new gadget!