Valued Contributor

Re: Across the United States in 50 Dishes.. link to recipes

On 10/25/2014 Clover29 said:

I bet there aren't going to be many people here who say that unripe green tomatoes are the best thing their state can offer {#emotions_dlg.crying} Poor Alabama, that's a rough deal.

You must have never had "fried green tomatoes" ! one if the BEST things in life!!

Honored Contributor

Eastern Pa (Philadelphia area) is like a totally different state from western Pa (Pittsburgh area). I have personally never tasted a philly cheesesteak and have no desire to do so. I think some sweet Pa corn or some PSU ice cream represent Pa better.

Contributor

Fried green tomatoes are great! Yes, I can see chicken fried steak in Wyoming...it's definitely on every country/cowboy meal menu. And yes, I'm an Okie who loves fried Okra Smiley Wink This is an awesome list! Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I'm representing Philly: green peppers are NOT standard on a cheesesteak! It's made with salt, pepper and ketchup. Everything else is extra.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/25/2014 gkelly5744 said:
On 10/25/2014 Clover29 said:

I bet there aren't going to be many people here who say that unripe green tomatoes are the best thing their state can offer {#emotions_dlg.crying} Poor Alabama, that's a rough deal.

You must have never had "fried green tomatoes" ! one if the BEST things in life!!

This!

Contributor

Not so sure about the Delaware one. Yea we have the boardwalk fries at the beaches but not sure that represents the state fav. We are a big Chicken state and really good Scrapple here!!!

Esteemed Contributor

bscandle, I wondered about the Vinegar French Fries for Delaware also, but I couldn't think of what food Delaware would be known for. Chicken and scrapple don't seem to hit it either.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm so glad the Minnesota Hotdish made the list!

Honored Contributor

Although most sound wonderful to me, the Hawaii and the hot dish simply because I'm not big on tater tots, well so much for my taste but the others yes I'd try and some are wonderful! Fried okra? Yep! A delightful thing especially if you get some that is sliced, hand battered, and sautéed more than deep fried. I LOVE it!

Respected Contributor

It all looks good to me! But I have to give a shout out to my state: cedar plank salmon...yum. My former state: chimichanga..! My birth state: pork roll with egg and cheese Smiley Happy
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero