Respected Contributor

Across the United States in 50 Dishes.. link to recipes

http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/50-state-foods.html

Of course I like NC the best, Pulled Pork Sandwiches.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Across the United States in 50 Dishes.. link to recipes

Thanks for sharing - appreciate! I like NC pulled pork and Philly cheese steaks!

Respected Contributor

Neat. Thank you for posting this!

Super Contributor

I bet there aren't going to be many people here who say that unripe green tomatoes are the best thing their state can offer {#emotions_dlg.crying} Poor Alabama, that's a rough deal.

Honored Contributor

I have to divide my loyalty. I was born a California girl and love my fish tacos but I now reside in Washington state and the salmon is fabulous!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for posting, Ive never heard of half those dishes. Some were questionable, like Wyoming, chicken fried steak? Thats sounds like a southern dish.
Respected Contributor

Great link Barb, Thanx, I want to try the Michigan pasties, a long gone friend would bring them to me from the Upper Peninsula, love them

Respected Contributor

Key lime pie - I KNEW I moved to the right state!

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

Although I lived in Kentucky most of my life, I've never eaten a hot brown. I realize it's a popular dish in certain areas, but I thought I'd click the link and see something made with Maker's Mark barbecue sauce or Kentucky Bourbon chocolate balls or even a fried chicken recipe. Anybody else somewhat surprised by your state's dish?

Clover, I've been to Alabama several times, but never saw any fried green tomatoes on the menus. That one also sort of surprised me.

Super Contributor

California - fish tacos. I had fish tacos for the first time years ago at a Carlos Murphy's in San Diego and been a fan ever since. I know they sound strange. Checking this site I found a new recipe to try. It uses avocado-tomato-lime salsa on top of the fish.